Re: Why Is Quantum DVR ARRIS VMS 1100 Not Compatible With eSATA Devices?
Zak4

One year after these posts, and still no support on the VMS 1100 for eSata external drives. Come on Verizon, let's give your customers, many of whom pay upwards of $200 a month, a little extra for their loyalty.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Zak wrote:

One year after these posts, and still no support on the VMS 1100 for eSata external drives. Come on Verizon, let's give your customers, many of whom pay upwards of $200 a month, a little extra for their loyalty.

Your preaching to the choir.  We are all peers here, and most of us disagree with their policy not pursue this (especially since Arris actual gives them the basic modules to enable the external drive).  But also most of us don't see them doing anything to enable support.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@Zak wrote:

I think the reason is that Verizon has delivered a 1TB hard drive in the VMS1100, double the storage they have previously delivered in a DVR. So they feel that is enough. And if it isn't enough, you can add another VMS1100 to replace an existing IPC for relatively little money, you get an additional 1TB, and you don't have to buy an external hard drive.

Just my opinion of course. For me, and I suspect the majority of Quantum TV users, the 1TB in the VMS1100 is plenty, mine is generally 40-50% full, and I have plenty of shows/movies recorded to watch whenever I want to.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)