1.6 Updates!!!???? More issues than fixes!!
Sabre70
Enthusiast - Level 3
Based on some reading here on the forum most people are having issues with the new release(myself included).  I also get the idea that it depends on the severity and number of issues as to when a new pactch will be released to fix the picture quality issues.  Is there some way Vz is tracking this or do we as PAYING customers hve to just wait for them to send us a software update??  Or better yet is there any word on a fix in the works as we speak?? Any insight is appreciated.
0 Likes
Re: 1.6 Updates!!!???? More issues than fixes!!
TheSanchez
Contributor - Level 2
The picture quality issue is being reported to be fixed with IMG1.6.1.  The rest of our regions recieved 1.6b last night so now the 1.6.1 rollouts can start.  Every single customer across the verizon footprint is having this problem. 
Sabre70
Enthusiast - Level 3
Thanks for the reply.  Any idea on a time line??
0 Likes
tjpc56
Enthusiast - Level 3

Any idea if the VZ added favorites problems as well as the channel scrolling problem is scheduled for a fix?I still can't remove the VZ added channels.

(earlier post)

I finally received 1.6 update in Flower Mound ,HOWEVER ,Fios is still adding their own favorites as well as not allowing a full scroll of my chosen favorites.The scrolling will bottom out at a random channel. I have taken channels out of both favs1 and favs2 hoping that was causing the added channels but no luck. What would also be nice is an option for "subscribed channels only",select/deselect favs channels while viewing and not have to go to menu>settings>favs !

Thats all for now,thanks Motorola DR800 Universal Remote (2) QIP 6200 P2 QIP 2500 P2

0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1

tjpc56 wrote: 
What would also be nice is an option for "subscribed channels only",select/deselect favs channels while viewing and not have to go to menu>settings>favs !

That exists now. While you are watching the station, hit the Options or Help button and you can either add the station to Favorites or remove it.

0 Likes
tjpc56
Enthusiast - Level 3

"That exists now. While you are watching the station, hit the Options or Help button and you can either add the station to Favorites or remove it."

Not available on Motorola DR800 Universal Remote.

Will VZ replace remotes for update issues or only if broke?

0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1
The Motorola remote has a Help button, the Phillips remote has an Options button. They both do the same thing.
0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1
I can't give exact items since the 1.6.1 release isn't out things can be moved around and I'd hate to give info then have it not happen.
0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1
From what I hear, it just went into testing and most likely won't be released until after the holidays. I hope that info is wrong and it's out sooner, but it doesn't look good.
0 Likes
Patti
Enthusiast - Level 2

TheSanchez (employee) said that now that the final area (Florida - Me) has received 1.6 they can start to work on 1.6.1

What I cannot understand is why they continued to work on and roll out 1.6 when they knew it was bad. If they had stopped 1.6 rollout after the first test area and not rolled out any other areas until they had 1.6.1 they would not have so many unhappy customers. Yes the extra favorite option is nice and I'm sure the people with Media Manager like their update.  But subscibers won't quit the service over minor features but they will when the picture is substandard.

0 Likes