After Quantum TV Upgrade, Mobility/Streaming DVR non-existent
jimd

Current environment:

1. FIOS Quantum TV / Enhanced Services installed and confirmed with VZ
  2. Multiple Android 4.4/5.0 phones and tablets enabled on home wifi, connecting to internet with blazing speed.
  3. Installation of FIOS Mobile App from Google Play store as directed by VZ/Fios Help screen on TV
  4. On TV ---->Settings--->System---->Mobile Devices---->Active Device:  No devices shown (same goes for removed devices).

Behavior on Fios Mobile App:

1. Launches fine
  2. Login to my account = ok
  3. Watch Now (Live programming) = fine
  4. Watch on Demand = fine
  5. Manage DVR recordings = fine
  6. Watch DVR content = No play button

After reading various forum entries I can sum up the status as follows:

1. The Fios Mobile App on my phones DO NOT show that I have a "stream from" icon or a play icon for DVR content. It should
  2. To me, it seems that someone hasn't activated my Quantum Mobility features. VZ support says that everything is enabled.
  3. Three calls to VZ support and we're still doing the uninstall/reboot/reinstall dance. Been there, done that. Many times.

Question: Any thoughts on who can help me?  It's probably something simple that's being overlooked either by me or VZ.

Thanks!

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: After Quantum TV Upgrade, Mobility/Streaming DVR non-existent
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Use the help feature in the app to create a ticket.

They should be able to investigate and help you from there.

0 Likes
jimd

Thanks, I'd love to, but any time I try and enter a ticket in the Fios Mobile app, I get the message "you have pressed an invalid key" when I click the "Create button". Is there another way I can get some support? Thanks.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not really as app issues are supported differently.
Althugh I have never seen anyone have an issue creating a ticket.

What device and OS are you using?

Have you tried deleteing and reloading the app?

0 Likes
jimd

Android 4.4 and 5.0. I have 4 devices in the household and they all have the same issue. If VZ support didn't tell me differently, I'd say that VZ didn't enable the Quantum mobility features. Yes. I have done the uninstall,reboot,reinstall many times. Thanks.

@CRobGauth wrote:

Not really as app issues are supported differently.
Althugh I have never seen anyone have an issue creating a ticket.

What device and OS are you using?

Have you tried deleteing and reloading the app?

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi jimd,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes