Am I The Only One Who Thinks FIOS Is Slow these Days?
ScrambledCJ

I am a HUGE FIOS fan. 

This said, I am incredibly disappointed with the response from my FIOS devices since this latst upgrade.  ALL of the three DVRs I have operate sluggishly, when pressing the key on the remote to bring up VOD, sometimes it takes 15-30 seconds for the devices to respond.  When scrolling through titles available, the scroll will stop and again it takes many seconds for the equipment to catch back up to my keystrokes.

I am an IT professional, and in my opinion it appears as though the OS upgrade pushed to the DVRs is either too CPU or RAM intensive for the  device.

I called into support and the rep went through a litany of reboots, resets, etc - all to no avail.  I have talked to other FIOS users and they are seeing the exact same issues.  What is Verizon doing to rectify this issue?

0 Likes
Re: Am I The Only One Who Thinks FIOS Is Slow these Days?
ScrambledCJ

bump

0 Likes
BrianC
Contributor - Level 3

Yes, I'm seeing the same thing including sluggishness changing channels too.  Have the 7216 box.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

There is a thread on DSL reports that indicates setting the SD override to off and disabling interactive TV helps solve the problem.  I tried to post the link but this wonderful forum wouldn't let me.  If you search DSL Reports Verizon FiOS TV forum for a thread called "[DVR] Non-responsive DVR" you can read the thread.

BrianC
Contributor - Level 3

Thanks PJL, I have mine set that way already and still see this problem.  It's not severe, but definitely noticeable compared to before.  And it's not all the time, just sometimes it acts up and is slow to change channels, scroll, load on-demand or load the DVR.  I seem to get stuck changing channels a couple of times a week where it sits for a few secs.  Or if surfing using the channel up/down, the STB will flash and slowly go through the channels a few secs at a time while it catches up.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@BrianC wrote:

Thanks PJL, I have mine set that way already and still see this problem.  It's not severe, but definitely noticeable compared to before.  And it's not all the time, just sometimes it acts up and is slow to change channels, scroll, load on-demand or load the DVR.  I seem to get stuck changing channels a couple of times a week where it sits for a few secs.  Or if surfing using the channel up/down, the STB will flash and slowly go through the channels a few secs at a time while it catches up.

Brian, which model STB do you have?  Have you yourself performed the autocorrection process from the STB menu?

0 Likes
BrianC
Contributor - Level 3

I have the 7216.  I'm not sure what you mean by the auto correction.  I've done both soft and hard reboots.  I also have always kept SD override and the interactive parts off.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@BrianC wrote:

I have the 7216.  I'm not sure what you mean by the auto correction.  I've done both soft and hard reboots.  I also have always kept SD override and the interactive parts off.

In the STB Main Menu, under Customer Support, In-Home agent, there is an autocorrection choice. 

0 Likes