Aspect Ratio issue after GUI upgrade
Fishdirt

So I have a Cisco Multi-Room DVR and a 40" Toshiba -- and since the GUI upgrade everytime I shutdown the Cisco then restart - it will reset my Aspect Ration back to 4:3 on my TV. All the settings with the DVR are correct in regards to my equipment.

I called Tech Support last night and I guess I am the first to complain and "they'd get back to me". They think is an issue with the HDMI handshake between the DVR and the TV. They said to me to switch Componant Cables but thats is not happening.

Until then I have to go into my TV GUI and switch everything back to 16:9

So ... Im wondering if any one else is having this issue. Ill update this thead as I hear from them.

0 Likes
Re: Aspect Ratio issue after GUI upgrade
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

Unfortunately I'm not sure how much help you will find here as the Cisco boxes have very limited distribution (Buffalo, NY area only).

AFAIK no one in the beta test areas has Cisco.

0 Likes
hfam95

I am having the same issues across 3 TVs. I have 3 Cisco boxes and one of them is the DVR. I have my TVs set to auto and it only fills the screen as if watching 4:3 content. Only when going to the OD does it fill the screen.

I know its outputting 1080i but unless I force 16:9 it wont fill the screen.

I havent figured out a fix. BTW, I got these brand new with 1.9 IMG on them.

0 Likes
snowfire

I am having what I believe to be the same problem, and I have a motorola box (pittsburgh).

my HD channels are set to 16:9, my sd override is set to strech, however the guide displays in 4:3 with black bars on either side.

the only thing that seems to make the guide to display fullscreen is to change the tv's picture size from "native" or "natural" to one of the theaterwide settings, which cut off part of the screen.

would love to find a solution to this, as the new guide needs more space.

0 Likes
Contributor - Level 1

For you guys with Cisco set tops - can you post what specific settings you have with one of your set tops / TVs that exhibits this issue?

TV Type / HD Format / SD Override / Graphics Mode / TV display setting / how content appears on screen before turning off and

TV Type / HD Format / SD Override / Graphics Mode / TV display setting / how content appears on screen after turning back on

Also - does it behave any differently if you only turn off the set top, or only the TV?

Lastly - if you can provide the model of the TVs that have their display setting changed - that would help also; as far potentially understanding if it truly is a handshake issue, or if it is something similar.

//

snowfire - what model Motorola set top do you have, and what are the above set top settings for your box?

0 Likes