Audio Problems Since Lineup Change
jpdrummer
I have Verizon FiOS in Baltimore County MD.  Since the lineup change on Oct 1 I've noticed some bizarre audio issues and was curious if others had experienced anything similar.  For example I sat down to watch a movie on the new channel for Starz HD and there was no audio at all.  Great HD picture though.  I switched over to the regular, non-HD Starz channel and the audio was dubbed in Spanish.  Quite a few other channels, both HD and digital, have shown similar audio problems.  Anyone have any thoughts on this or experiencing similar issues?  Thanks for any input.
0 Likes
Re: Audio Problems Since Lineup Change
ericpd

@jpdrummer wrote:
I have Verizon FiOS in Baltimore County MD.  Since the lineup change on Oct 1 I've noticed some bizarre audio issues and was curious if others had experienced anything similar.  For example I sat down to watch a movie on the new channel for Starz HD and there was no audio at all.  Great HD picture though.  I switched over to the regular, non-HD Starz channel and the audio was dubbed in Spanish.  Quite a few other channels, both HD and digital, have shown similar audio problems.  Anyone have any thoughts on this or experiencing similar issues?  Thanks for any input.

I'm from Baltimore County as well (Randallstown) and I'm noticing the same thing. If I allow the channel to stay for a while, the picture will black out and I get a 'currently unavailabel' message on my screen. It's beginning to happen to a lot of channels. At first I thought it was just 680 Scr-fi, but now I'm discovering it's happening to just about ALL of the HD channels as well as a good number of SD channels. It's even happening to CNN. Now if I go up one and down one a couple times, sometimes it corrects itself and locks in the sound and picture. But if I change channels, I risk not being able to come back with everything in tact. What receiver are you using? I'm using the QIP 7216 multi-media HD DVR.

0 Likes