Can I add TV to FIOS and get the bundled discount?
bobinny
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had FIOS for 4 years, can I add the Extreme TV package and get the online bundled discount for internet and TV?

When I try to add TV to my existing account, I end up with a FIOS internet and TV package. There is a not on the bottom of the order page saying any existing services will remain. That leads me to think that i would have 2 FIOS internet plus 1 TV package.

The online chat rep says order both and cancel my existing FIOS internet account later after the new install. I am not convinced about the logic of doing that.

Is there a way to just add TV and get the bundled discount?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can I add TV to FIOS and get the bundled discount?
bobinny
Enthusiast - Level 1

I solved the problem. A rep at another 800 number gave me a non 800 local number to call 631 890 0903. The rep there did everything in 10 minutes.

I guess you cannot add TV to an existing account online and get the discounted package price.

Beware of the people who run the online chat help. 2 times they gave me wrong info, plus they told me that if I phoned in an order I would not get the package discount price.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jumpin683
Contributor - Level 1

I recently added TV to my existing FIOS Internet service and am receiving the bundle discount.  I went from paying 57.99 for the Internet to $79.99 for both TV and Internet and there was no interuption of service.  When my first bill arrived it had credits from the Internet service previously billed at the old rate, then had a pro-rate billing of all the services (time between when the new service started and the monthly billing rate of 10 days) and then a bill for one months service.  I got a whopper of a first bill but am receiving the price they advertise, and all without service interuption.I did sign up for the TV service on the Internet site of VZ and I think I may have logged into the site which was showing I was an existing FIOS Internet customer.

Previously I was paying for the Internet on my credit card and since the change that has stopped since they bill you with an invoice. 

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
bobinny
Enthusiast - Level 1

I solved the problem. A rep at another 800 number gave me a non 800 local number to call 631 890 0903. The rep there did everything in 10 minutes.

I guess you cannot add TV to an existing account online and get the discounted package price.

Beware of the people who run the online chat help. 2 times they gave me wrong info, plus they told me that if I phoned in an order I would not get the package discount price.

0 Likes
jumpin683
Contributor - Level 1
Glad it worked out for you.  For me they were able to convert me into the bundle discount.  Anyway enjoy!!!
0 Likes