Can't take the VOD_174 and VOD_127 errors any more!
VinnyH

Hello,

Ever since I switched to FiOS from TWC, I experienced this issue: in the middle of watching a VOD movie (I subscribed all the On Demand features), the movie would freeze, then stop and display the error message VOD_174.

If I'm lucky, I would then resume where it stopped. Sometimes, it is worse, I get the error VOD_127, and even if I try resuming the movie, it will play from the very beginning.

It is a night mare as I have to FFW. Sometimes, the FFW doesn't work well and I takes a while after I hit "Play" to have it stop FFW and play (as if the remote was insensitive). why is there only one FFW speed and not many like in the DVR???

I ended up in a situation where each time I want to watch a VOD program, I "pray" that everything will work fine and that it will not interrupt suddenly and that I have to restart everything.

This is very annoying. If someone can help me understand what's wrong with my FiOS, I will be so grateful!

Best regards,

-VinnyH

0 Likes
Re: Can't take the VOD_174 and VOD_127 errors any more!
VinnyH

Actually, the error is VOD_172 and not VOD_174 as I initially wrote.

Things are really bad, not a single VOD program that I can watch non stop entirely without it stopped with a VOD_172 and it doesn't resume when it froze but from the beginning almost evry time now...

It really drives me crazy. I subscribed for all the premium channels and I cannot watch a program in peace...

Please help!!!

Thanks,

-VinnyH

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

These are session time out messages. Theres a loss of connectivity causing it to time out. Many things could be causing this. To address them all please do the following

1) Reseat the coaxial cable to Set Top Box (STB)  from both ends (back of the box and the connection at the wall)

2) Reseat the coaxial cable to router from both ends (back of the router and the connection at the wall)

3) Unplug power cord to both router and STB.

If your issue persists perform a factory reset on the router by holding in the reset button on the back of router (while the router is on) for 15 seconds and let go

If you are still having problem, please send me a private message so we can assist further.

0 Likes
ljm21

Tried reset, issue continues: VOD_174

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes