Channel Volume
rpfeirstein
Enthusiast - Level 3

Many channels are set by Verizon at a very loud volume. These channels are therefore highly compressed and brickwalled, resulting in poor sound quality.

The locally produced Verizon info channels are among those but there are others. For example, in the Albany, ny area our NBC channel (HD) is way to loud. I called the station and they reported that it was Verizon's doing and not their problem. Can someone look into this situation at your end. It should not be too hard to find a solution.

0 Likes
Re: Channel Volume
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Sorry for the volume problems you are having with the TV service. There are audio settings that would need to be adjust to conform to your listening level. Please adjust the "dynamic range" to get this at a comfortable level.

0 Likes
Re: Channel Volume
rpfeirstein
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not the right answer! Verizon is setting the volume way way too high on some channels. This causes the sound to become highly compressed (brickwalled) and limited by Verizon's own audio equipment.

You are suggesting I solve the problem by further running my sound thorugh my box's software to further compress the audio. That will not restore the loss of dynamic range, etc.

I highly suggest that you send this problem higher up the chain at your end so that the technical staff at Verizon can turn down the volume on these channels to standard levels without compressing (normalizing) the sound. This is a technical error at your end and it should be fixed!!!!!

0 Likes