Colbert Report
paulgshap

I record The Colbert Report at 2am every night.  In the last week, there is an extra FIOS commercial in the 3rd segment that cuts off the beginning of the guest interview.  Is there a way to get this complaint into Verizion and perhaps dealt with.  As I said it seems to have happened recently.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Colbert Report
VZ_Ron
Contributor - Level 2

Hey am sorry that is happening during your recording of the beginning of your show but verizon the does not control what the channel provider puts on the air.

0 Likes
mleduc35651
Contributor - Level 2

Ron...

There have been documented cases in this forum and others of timing issues with the local CO or VHO getting off on the timing of laying in the local commercials. I woudln't be so quick to dismiss this as being from the source

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@VZ_Ron wrote:

Hey am sorry that is happening during your recording of the beginning of your show but verizon the does not control what the channel provider puts on the air.

Ron, FiOS does indeed insert many commercials into national cable channels feeds, just like cable companies do. The OP is apparently pointing out a situation where the FiOS-inserted commercial is overlapping actual program content.  I have seen this myself, although it usually lasts for only a few seconds.   In Southern California these are inserted at the VHO 3 level, and I"m sure it is happening at other VHOs.  This is particularly noticeable on HD channels as the FiOS-inserted commercials are a very low-level resolution compared with the HD broadcast.  Also, the sound is often outrageously loud on many FiOS-inserted commercials -- there is another thread that discusses this huge annoyance,  "Insertable TV networks" allow insertion of local commercials on cable and FiOS, and there are over 90 of them.  In Southern California, Viamedia is the media partner with FiOS on this.

In summary, the OP has a valid issue that I believe is within Verizon's control.

0 Likes
paulgshap

Thanks for confirming the existence of my issue, although I don't follow everything you wrote.  Is there some way to bring this to VErizon's attn in a more direct way???

0 Likes