Controlling an Onkyo TX-SR505 a/v receiver
batemjo
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have enterred all the remote control codes listed for my Onkyo TX-SR505 A/V receiver.

A few of them will power the unit off, and a few will power it on, but none will do both.

Any suggestions for fixing this with the 4 button FIOS remote?

If not, can you suggest a  moderately priced universal remote that works well with the FIOS STB's.

Thanks.

Re: Controlling an Onkyo TX-SR505 a/v receiver
Hubrisnxs
Legend
Harmony remotes start at 30 and are awesome remotes.
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

Have you tried the scan mode? If so then you've already tried everything the remote is capable of.

Almost any universal remote will work with Verizon. The Verizon Motorola STB's all use the standard Motorola code. Any Universal remote that has cable box functions, should work fine.

0 Likes
lgare1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the same problem with my Onkyo TX-NR709-.  Verizon support "lost in space" their answer buy a Harmony remote.  I had Harmony before and feel they suck.  Just check Harmony's own web page reviews 1/4 of they own reviews only give them a 1-3 rating out of 5.  Onkyo support says it's version's fault and their remote.  Phillips who makes the remote don't even know they make the remote, DAHHH!!!!

All I want and need it to do is turn it on/off and volume adj.  

I can go to Walmart buy a $50 Home Theater system and completely control all my components with my Verizon/Phillips remote.  High end stuff no way.  I guess the new rule must be, at least with Verizon and Phillips, You Don't get What You Pay For.

And so every knows it's a lot of the higher end stuff not just Onkyo.

Buying a remote that cost 1/4-1/2 as much as the receiver is absolutely insane and shouldn't even be suggested.   Yes I got the receiver on sale.

0 Likes