DVD is not working with Fios TV
Rosa

No DVD picture on my TV with Fios. Anyone know why I can't connect the two, tried for 2 hours and nothing but the verizon message to go to the menu or turn off your tv. Very frustrating. Also, anybody know if Verizon can add taxes to the 3 month free/promotional premium TV channel package HBO/Cinemax or The Movie package, etc.?

0 Likes
Re: DVD is not working with Fios TV
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

Need more information.  Are you trying to connect the DVD player through the Verizon box?  If you are this won't work (the video and audio input jacks on the Verizon boxes are non-functional) and you need to connect the player directly to the TV through an input other than the one used by the Verizon box (assuming you have another Video / Audio input).

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Make sure it's connected properly.

Wiring Diagrams The model, size, and color of your FiOS TV equipment may vary. To find the wiring diagrams for your Set-Top Box, DVR, or digital adapter, select  your specific equipment model below:

High Definition DVRs

Standard Definition DVRs

Digital Adapter

High Definition Set-Top Boxes

Standard Definition Set-Top Boxes

If it's already connected, then you just need to change the channel inputs. 

If you notice on the back of your tv there are several places to plug things in (game system, dvd, cable box etc)

Each one of those have their own input.

So DVD Players are typically  either channel 3, or input 1, or AV 1, or Video 1 (or 2, 3, 4 etc...) 

What determines if it's on channel 3, or video 1 etc... is how you physically plugged the DVD player 

IF you plugged in the DVD player with a standard TV cable from the back of the dvd player to the TV, then just put your TV on channel 3. 

IF you plugged in the DVD player with red white yellow, or RCA cables, then you will want to try to put it on video 1 or  input 1, or AV 1

Your cable box, if it's an HD tv, will usually be HDMI or component 1, 2 3 etc..

So you have to try to change the inputs to watch your DVD player. 

You can use the FiOS remote     (50/50 whether it will control that feature)    and its the very bottom row, first button, and it says input. 

press it a few times and see if you see some of the words we have talked about here, like AV 1 or video 1 etc...

if it doesn't then you'll have to find the remote that came with the TV.  if it's a sony tv, then it will be a sony remote for example.

Look for a similiar button labeled input, source, tv/video  mode etc...   different manufacturers call it different things.  use it to see if you can navigate to some of the options we mentioned.

If not, or you can't find that remote, then you will have to scour your TV for a button ON the tv that will be labeled input, source, tv/video  mode etc

0 Likes
Not applicable

What voodoo chants and incantations are spoken to actually make your DVD player work with the Fios set box????  Really, can this possibly be a more miserable experience?

After repeated attempts and various wiring scenarios, I am forced to unplug my HDMI cable from my  CHS 435HDC set box and plug it into my DVD player.  No matter what the connections, I cannot make them work together.

If you use the three wire video component cables to go between DVD player and set box, does this mean that you must use a similar 3 wire set to hook up to the TV or is there some humanly possible way of connecting to the TV with an HDMI cable?

I want to see an exact wiring diagram between a  CHS 435HDC Fios set box, a Sony BDP-S470 DVD player and a Samsung HD televisionn or do I have to pay for a Verizon technician to come to my house to hook up my DVD player?

I know that it's stupid of me to think that there must be a way to connect these together so I am not constantly unplugging HDMI cables.

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

Quite simply there are no active INPUTS on  the Verizon boxes.  The HDMI, component (5 wire), composite (3 wire), and s-video are all OUTPUTS.  This is why I originally asked you for more detail on your connections. 

You need to hook the DVD player to the TV on one of its other inputs (depends on TV model). 

armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@Denali338 wrote:

What voodoo chants and incantations are spoken to actually make your DVD player work with the Fios set box????  Really, can this possibly be a more miserable experience? ... 

As noted by the other responders to this thread, voodoo is perhaps the only way you are going to accomplish what you say you want to accomplish.  The DVD player operates independently from the DVR/STB.  It connects directly to the display device (a.k.a. "TV").  If you don''t believe us, ask anyone from Port-au-Prince.

If instead you want to use a DVD recorderr to make copies of previously recorded material that resides on a DVR, please rephrase.

hallrk
Contributor - Level 2

I have a DVD/VHS combo player/recorder hooked into a Fios multi room DVR. So it works. you just have to check your DVD manual on how to hook it properly. You may want to check to see if it is coming through your AV1 or AV2 on your TV.  

0 Likes
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@hallrk wrote:

I have a DVD/VHS combo player/recorder hooked into a Fios multi room DVR. So it works. you just have to check your DVD manual on how to hook it properly. You may want to check to see if it is coming through your AV1 or AV2 on your TV.  

As noted in several earlier posts, "recorder" YES, simple "player" NO.  The DVR feeds the DVD recorder, and the DVD player feeds the TV.  There is no other configuration available.  This discussion is evidently mired in semantics.