DVR keeps recording old Saturday Night Live episodes even when set to First-Run Only.
nibble4bits
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have my Verizon DVR set to only record First-Run episodes of Saturday Night Live. Lately they have been airing older episodes at 10:00PM on my local NBC affiliate. Verizon's DVR is recognizing them as First-Run episodes even though they are reruns from decades ago. How do I get my DVR to stop recording these reruns?

0 Likes
Re: DVR keeps recording old Saturday Night Live episodes even when set to First-Run Only.
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you only want the ones that air on Sat at 1130 (ET) set your series to this channel only and this time only.

Guide provider is marking these shows as new so it will record.

0 Likes
Re: DVR keeps recording old Saturday Night Live episodes even when set to First-Run Only.
HokieDave
Contributor - Level 2

That is because NBC is editing them down to an hour and calling them "new" episodes as they have never shown that edited version before.  Verizon has no control over it and no matter who your TV provider is, it will do the same thing.

(As above, you can restrict the start time so that they won't record, which will also have the effect of preventing it from automatically recording the specials, e.g. the Christmas special that usually comes on Thursday night.)