DVR lost data and reverted to status from a month ago
Abrocadabro

I have the QIP 7232 DVR.  Today, for an unknown reason, my DVR lost data from the past month.  It essentially reset itself back to its status on June 16 -- shows I had recorded since then disappeared, shows deleted since then (but recorded prior to June 16) reappeared, and post-June 16 scheduled recordings and series were no longer listed as scheduled.

It might possibly have been the result of a power surge (though I don't know for sure) but the fact that the DVR reverted back to an earlier state indicates to me that there must be some sort of backup folder being created and periodically updated, presumably in the DVR or possibly with Verizon.

Has anyone had this happen before?  Is there any way to restore the DVR to the status of yesterday?  Is there anyway to "see" the backup folders or any way to increase how frequently it backs up, so I can avoid this again?  A family member spoke to someone at Verizon but was not helpful, so I am asking here first, before making my own call.

0 Likes
Re: DVR lost data and reverted to status from a month ago
Shamika_VZ
Contributor - Level 3
Good Afternoon,

There are several issues that could be going on here. We can definetly try to reset the DVR from our end to assist. You can also try to power cycle the DVR ( unplug and plug back in) if that has not been done already. I sent you a private message to further assist you.

Shamika_Vz
Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes