DVR not active in account - keeping remote DVR access from activating
Dindale
Ive been in a frustrating circle fighting a DVR account issue for the past 6 months that is keeping me from being able to use the Remote DVR apps on my iPhone and iPad. My DVR was switched out multiple times (once because I requested an upgrade, and two more times because of defective eSATA connections). My account ended up with multiple DVR's assigned to it, and my router had the UDP port for Remote access mapped to 3 different IP's. I hard reset my router and cleared the port issue - but I'm still having the activation issue. When I check the Remote DVR status on the DVR menu it says it isn't activated. When I attempt to access my Verizon account from the Mobile DVR app, it tells me no DVR is assigned to my account. When I check my account online, it shows a DVR assigned - but not activated. I can find no way to activate the DVR at this point. I have found a couple instances of this in the forums where Verizon had to remap the DVR to the account on their side. Can someone assist with this? Thanks, Keith
0 Likes
Re: DVR not active in account - keeping remote DVR access from activating
Dindale

Called Verizon support - I couldnt even get someone on the phone who could understand the problem.  $150/mo for a service where phone support can't help, tickets opened aren't resolved (they just close them without doing anything), and nobody routinely addresses questions on the forums....

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@Dindale wrote:

Called Verizon support - I couldnt even get someone on the phone who could understand the problem.  $150/mo for a service where phone support can't help, tickets opened aren't resolved (they just close them without doing anything), and nobody routinely addresses questions on the forums....

To address your last comment, this is a user-helping-user forum, and I am pretty sure none of the users here can activate your DVR. So you need to contact Verizon directly, using one of the options available in the Contact Us link at the bottom of every Verizon webpage. Some people report good experiences with the Live Chat option.

Now to your issue: I doubt that this will help much, but all of my STBs, including my DVR, show as not activated:

But despite that, all of the STBs work, and Remote DVR works just fine to that DVR, so I don't think that is the cause of your problem. So, do you get an error message when you try Remote DVR? If so, what is it? And yes, it may be that Verizon needs to remap the path to your DVR, but you need to contact Verizon tech support to ask them to do that.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

I think live chat is also the way to go.     over the phone support for some reason is spotty when it comes to this particular service

0 Likes