Disney Channel (250): Are you getting poor quality audio?
Drew_from_Dover
Contributor - Level 2

There are a number of people, myself included, who are getting AM quality audio on WGN, Comedy Central, FX, Discovery and The Disney Channel on 250. I spoke with a CSR and she said if enough people called in with their observations they would take action as apparently Disney is an important channel.

Even if you're not a fan if you're getting AM quality sound on 250 please call 888-553-1555 as the problems are identical and it would get Verizon a bone to work on so they can get to the rest later.

{please keep it relevant} she tried to blame my stereo for being faulty on the select channels while acting fine on the other channels and on Comedy Central when Verizon played local insert ads. If she believed me she wouldn't have said such things in such tones.

Thank you. Hopefully this can close the several threads open on these AM sound stations.

Message Edited by ElizabethS on 08-03-2009 04:04 PM
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Disney Channel (250): Are you getting poor quality audio?
Drew_from_Dover
Contributor - Level 2

@Drew_from_Dover wrote:

The sound is AM quality again. I seriously hope they can find a permanent fix and not a temporary patch.

If any of you are experiencing this and call in thank you in advance for your efforts. They will be well worth it.

Tell them exactly what you're hearing (on 250) and compare it to what you're hearing on other SD channels. Thank you.

I guess the squeaky wheels got the fix! WGN, Comedy Central, FX and Discovery have had fixed audio for a week. It started with the fix to C-Span 2 and the fixes went on from there. Yet to be fixed is QVC, HSN, C-Span and Disney on 250.
Hey, you like Radio Disney on AM radio? You'll love Disney Channel with AM stereo sound. 
I wouldn't count of Disney (250) getting picked next, not with the lack of interest as demonstrated in this thread. You're on your own, good luck!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Drew_from_Dover
Contributor - Level 2
The sound is fixed! I seriously hope it's a permanent fix and not a temporary glitch. If any of you called in on this thank you for your efforts. They were well worth it.
0 Likes
Drew_from_Dover
Contributor - Level 2

The sound is AM quality again. I seriously hope they can find a permanent fix and not a temporary patch.

If any of you are experiencing this and call in thank you in advance for your efforts. They will be well worth it.

Tell them exactly what you're hearing (on 250) and compare it to what you're hearing on other SD channels. Thank you.

0 Likes
Drew_from_Dover
Contributor - Level 2

@Drew_from_Dover wrote:

I guess the squeaky wheels got the fix! WGN, Comedy Central, FX and Discovery have had fixed audio for a week. It started with the fix to C-Span 2 and the fixes went on from there. Yet to be fixed is QVC, HSN, C-Span and Disney on 250.
Hey, you like Radio Disney on AM radio? You'll love Disney Channel with AM stereo sound. 
I wouldn't count of Disney (250) getting picked next, not with the lack of interest as demonstrated in this thread. You're on your own, good luck!
0 Likes