Does IR Control Jack Work on 7232?
ESN612
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just got my 7232 - came a day after I ordered it, not bad.  Anyway I noticed it has an IR control jack.  Wondering if I can use it with my Universal Remote Control MX-900?  I currently use the stick-on IR emitter which works totally fine but the hard wired controller is cleaner.

0 Likes
Re: Does IR Control Jack Work on 7232?
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

I use a Logitech 880 universal IR remote and it works fine with the 7232,

edit:  I see the MX-900 is an RF remote that has a base station.  The Motorola Quick Start Guide says "IR Remote Input -Connects to a remote control set-top accessory cable."    It sounds like  the output of MX-900 base station should work plugged in to that IR remote jack.  Why not try it and let us know?

0 Likes
ESN612
Enthusiast - Level 2
I need to get the right cable. But in the meantime I'm using the same stick on emitter I used on my 7216 and it works pretty flawlessly.
0 Likes
ToddSimons
Contributor - Level 1

Do you know where the receiver Eye is on the new 7232-2?

I also found out from support, that this is a "mono type" jack, which doesn't match up with the other Moto extender (which has a stereo male connector)

...I'm trying to find out if I can hardwire my IR Blaster.  It has a 12vDC 200mA adapter.   I have open terminals to hardwire off of it, the output voltage never goes over 4v DC

0 Likes
EricWilliam

For 7232 p2: has anyone found out location on the STB of IR receiver eye? Verizon tech did not know answer.  I called up Motorola support and they don't have answer either, but referred me on their website of IR receiver location for other STBs.  They said that Verizon designed location of interna hardware and they should know location of IR receiver on face of STB. 

0 Likes
oneintouch
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello Eric,

I took a bright flashlight to the front of my 7232 and it looks like the sensor is on the right hand side, right next to the time display.  It's a circle, level with the bottom right side of the display.  I know that's not too good of an explanation, but if you shine a flashlight on the front of the unit you will be able to see it.  

0 Likes
ToddSimons
Contributor - Level 1

...so I did some more research, and got the volt meter out.   ...the 7232 puts out about 5 volts, so cross connecting it to ir blaster won't work.

...in the mean time, I called the customer service and got the IR extender cable.  ....plugged that in, which disables the interal eye, then taped it together with the emitter from my ir blaster.

...its about 90+% accurate which is good enough for me, but my wife complains Smiley Mad

0 Likes