Emergency Alert System during VOD- Just let it ride and restart?
DippytheGoof

I was watching a VOD program today and an EAS test came up. While I fully understand that it is required to be done every so often, I was a little thrown off by this since I was watching a "recorded" program, so I started pressing buttons. This was a BIG mistake. While the remote light on the STB responded, the box itself did not. By the time the EAS test had ended, there was a backup of key presses from the remote. However, the box did not simply perform all these actions at once. Instead, it did them in the time span in which they were pressed. Needless to say, it took me a few minutes to get back to the program I was watching. Unfortunately, the box still was responding very slowly to the key presses even several minutes after I had not touched any keys. In fact, I finally got the idea to simply turn it off and back on again. When I did this, the display on the STB turned off (I have it set to do this when I turn the box off), but it still took over a minute for the STB to actually shut down. 

I will obviously remember this for future reference, but I wanted to know if this was a known issue and if are there any suggestions beyond shutting it off?

0 Likes