Re: FiOS Complaints
ubrgeek
Contributor - Level 1
Par for the course. You'd think a thread like FIOS Complaints would get some attention.
0 Likes
Jonathan_K

Rest assured, all constructive comments and suggestions are read by a Verizon representative.One of the objectives of this forum is to gather customer feedback.

As long as the posts are relevant and respect  the Verizon Forums Terms of Service, keep them coming. Feel free to start a new thread if your question or comment does not fit into an existing thread.

Jonathan - Moderator

0 Likes
ubrgeek
Contributor - Level 1
Thank you, Jonathan. One question - Does this qualify as one that would be read?
0 Likes
Jonathan_K
They all qualify, this one included 🙂
0 Likes
PIPESMOKER
Enthusiast - Level 2

My wife had a problem with her computer not sending or receiving email yesterday.  The fios tech support person and I use that term loosely, spent over 40 mins on the phone, and ended up saying he didn't know what the problem was, it had to be the computer. So I called the Premium tech support and asked him to look at it, as the fios tech said it was the computer.  He said it was really a fios tech problem but he would be more than happy to look at it for me since the problem was not resolved with regular fios tech support.  He logged into her lap top and looked at it for about 30 seconds and said it was the firewall.  He went in and corrected a couple of settings and her email started working right a way. 

0 Likes
PIPESMOKER
Enthusiast - Level 2
Their regular tech support will not help in the least with a virus, worms, spyware or anything of the such.  You have to sign up for the expert care for a monthly charge, but that department will take care of all things like that with your computer. 
0 Likes
maricsm

Within the first month of service there have been continuous problems with Verizon FIOS TV and Internet.  On April 27, 2009 the internet went down again.  Tech support (by phone - and getting through to a live person is another challenge) decided the router had to be replaced.  "We will send it UPS and you will have it in one to two days."  Yes, it came in one day but to the billing address in Virginia rather than the service address in Pennsylvania.  After another lengthy struggle to talk to a live person in tech support on April 28, and having them repeat back to me the service address in Harrisburg, PA, they assured me that UPS would deliver a router to the correct address "in one to two days."  Well, now there are two routers in Virginia and still no service in Pennsylvania!

After struggling unsucessfully to get a live person who could starighten this out, I called the original salesman, John {edited for privacy}.  He gave me another phone number to call - but all it did was put me back into Verizon's horrible voice mail system.

Message Edited by Jonathan_K on 04-30-2009 06:33 PM
0 Likes
bubscon

We had FIOS Triple Bundle installed in February 09. A few glitches with getting the free 6 month DVR and then getting one that worked correctly, but overall am pretty satisfied with the product.

The customer service on the other hand is horrible. No one seems to know what they're talking about. They tell you things just to get you off the phone. We've been trying to get our cable buried since it was installed. It's 3 months later and it's not done. Over the last few weeks we've been calling every day. We stayed home all day on Saturday becuase we were promised that someone would be out to bury it. Still nothing. Then they said someone came out yesterday. When we got home from work, it's still not buried.

They said they've elevated our complaint - whatever that means. We'll try calling again and again.

My feelings are if it's not buried by the time my one year contract is up, I'm going back to Comcast. I'm tired of listening to my neighbor complain about the cable. It runs across her yard into mine. I told her to try calling Verizon to see if she gets anywhere!

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner
Moved to FiOS TV Entertainment to start a new thread
0 Likes
Papawolf1

Save yourself a heart attack, go cable!  Been on FIOS since 14 march and yet to get a bill that is correct.  Also got denied my $150 cash back because one time they removed it from my account when fixing the bundle problems.  Now they can't get it back and refuse to offer any new options.  I want to have them sweep the circuit boards off my sidewalk where I am about to throw my equipment but I am affraid to even ask them to disconnect.  With the way I have been screwed with the service what will they do when I disconnect.

As far as bigger better faster, they are slower than my cable connection was and I pay for the "fast" service of 20/20 MBPS.  Cable was rated at 5 and it was faster, but my heart can't take the call to attempt to get that fixed.  If you want to feel like a hostage in your own home go ahead and connect.  Consider yourself warned....

0 Likes