FiOS Mobile Remote App (Apple and Android) DVR control doesn't work
fgcroswait

I noticed that a significant number of people are having problems using DVR remote control. I followed the FAQ instructions by unplugging both the set-top box and the router and still cannot control the DVR with either the Apple or Android App. I do see the set-top box listed and I can view the disk contents. Unfortunately, the information is totally incorrect. I have recorded programs and the Apps show 0 disk space used.

When I tried to record a show from TV Listings, it shows "scheduling program..." and then the error message: Network Connection to FiOS services timed out. View the FAQ for possible solutions or try again later. I have done both with no success. Is this application not ready for prime time and should I wait for future updates. It seems a shame if that is the case, since this is one of the most important and useful features of this App.

0 Likes
Re: FiOS Mobile Remote App (Apple and Android) DVR control doesn't work
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

This app is fully functioning. The bad gateway message which is the most common error that may come up is fixed by us reconnecting our servers with the router. Your predicament is very different. The app says it connects but 0% is shown. I believe it may be connecting to a wrong account or had an issue during setup. Please uninstall the app then reinstall it. Also check the login information you are using by logging into the Verizon.com website using the same credential you are putting into the app. Make sure you see your current account information. If you continue to have problems please send me a private message so we can look at the account on the back end.

0 Likes
Tiedeus
I'm having the exact same issue. I've tried to uninstall and reinstall the app on an iPad, android, and iPhone with no luck. I also tried unplugging the set top box dvr which didn't work either. Any idea how to resolve this?
0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

chat support is especially good at fixing this kind of problem,   reach out to them by hitting contact us at the bottom of this page.  

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I am not sure if you took his advice and used the contact link. If you are still having this trouble please send me a private message.

0 Likes
Re: FiOS Mobile Remote App (iPhone) DVR control doesn't work
lhdmulder

I am not able to get my iPhone or Ipad app using My FIOS, FIOS Mobile remote to connect to my DVR remotely. It tells me "there are no set-top boxes associated with the account". If I use the same credentials on a web-browser to remotely connect to my DVR, it works perfectly fine and I can see all recorded and scheduled programs.

I re-installed the app, rebooted router and set-top boxes, etc. No results.

Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: FiOS Mobile Remote App (iPhone) DVR control doesn't work
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Because the FIOS Mobile remote and control the DVR box, but not interface with the recordings. You need to download the app Verizon FIOS DVR manager.

0 Likes
ddsp
Enthusiast - Level 2

I downloaded the new FIOS Mobile Remote to both iphone and ipad but all they do is get caught in a loop showing an error message.

For both I entered my Verizon username and password. 

Both then tried to sign in, put up a white screen "Fetching Data" and then failed with the message "WARNING There are no Set-Top boxes associated with your account.  You need at least 1 Set-Top box to use FIOS DVR Manager".   The error message lasted a few seconds and then went away without my pressing the OK button.

From then on the app gets ccaught in a loop:  it has the white screen sith "Fetching Data" and the spinning circle, then displays the error message for about a second, removes the error message for 2-4 seconds, and then displays it again.

When I close the app and restart it, it gets caught in the same loop.

I have three PDRs and three standard set top boxes.  

• From the TV controls. I can see the three DVRs and their recorded and scheduled shows
  • When I log into my VZ account,  I can see the three DVRs and their recorded and scheduled shows.  
  • When I access the modem controls, I can see all the IP Address for all of the Set Top units.  

I have deleted and reinstalled tha app.  I have rebooted my VZ router and the DVRs. 

The only non-standard aspect is that we needed to change the router's subnet:  the VZ router is 192.168.2.1 so the Set Top boxes (COAX connections) are all in the range 192.168.2.100 to 192.168.2.150. 

Is this a bug in the APP - assuming that the Set Top boxes are on 192.168.1.100 to 192.168.1.150 (rather than starting with the gateway IP address from the router to get the proper subnet)? 

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

I have my phone registered under Menus\Settings\Remote DVR\Mobile Phone Settings. This is where I registered my phone nunber and it provided a confirmation code. My iPhone works great. Note there is an older App that was replace by a newer app. Make sure you have the latest application for your device.

I am not sure if a plain iPAD or other non phone devices work. I know there had been some complaints, and some requests for applications for non phone devices. Not sure on the status.

I requested one that did not require to go to the Verizon site and back. Why not a local App on the local Wifi? And Also a remote control application developed for your PC? All can be found on The ideas boards, along with many other ideas.

ddsp
Enthusiast - Level 2

According to the APP description, I have everything I need to connect with my iPhone:

• A verizon FIOS-provided router
  • A My Verizon User ID and Password
  • At leasr one Set Top box or guide data...
  • A DVR for Remote DVR functionality ...
  • An HD set-top box for Remote Control functionality

But...   I can not set my iPhone int he settings/Raemote because it is not Verizon!

Does this APP really require a Verizon iPhone?   

0 Likes