FiOS Mobile doesn't work unless the DVR is powered ON???
PajamaGuy
Enthusiast - Level 3

My tech said to make sure I power OFF (not unplugged) my DVR when I turn off the TV.  (I was having chanel freeze problems).

When the DVR is powered off, the remote FiOS won't work - can't schedule recordings.

PJ

0 Likes
Re: FiOS Mobile doesn't work unless the DVR is powered ON???
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Of course.

But I wouldn't accept that as a solution to a box locking up.

You should get a new one.

I leave my DVR on all the time and never have an issue.

One thing to consider: Make sure that the box has adequate ventialtion.
All sides as well as top and bottom.

0 Likes
PajamaGuy
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks - but I'm on my 3rd (or 4th) box.  When I leave it on, usually after watching 618 (Fox News), it  often freezes sometime before 4 a.m.  Other channels near 618 also freeze.  Turning the box off DOES seem to work (it still freezes on 618 occasionally).

FiOS remote (android) should be able to wake-up the box to schedule a recording.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@PajamaGuy wrote:

Thanks - but I'm on my 3rd (or 4th) box.  When I leave it on, usually after watching 618 (Fox News), it  often freezes sometime before 4 a.m.  Other channels near 618 also freeze.  Turning the box off DOES seem to work (it still freezes on 618 occasionally).

FiOS remote (android) should be able to wake-up the box to schedule a recording.

I just scheduled a recording on my STB using the FiOS Mobile Android app, with the STB OFF, and the recording was sucessfully scheduled.  I then checked (again, using the FiOS Mobile Andorid app with the STB OFF) and the scheduled recording appears in the list.  I then cancelled the recording and it was removed from the list.  I also checked the disk usage and correct data appeared -- again with the STB still off.

So the STB does NOT need to be on to use the FiOS Mobile Android app. 

PajamaGuy
Enthusiast - Level 3

...well you're lucky.  I just tried accessing one of my multi-room DVRs.  Would not connect - PC, Web, Android, nothing.  Turned the box on and voila - no problems.

...but you're correct, SOMETIMES I can connect to the box when off, but sometimes NOT - however when I can't, powering it on ALWAYS enables connection.

PJ

0 Likes