FiOS TV Availability - Who do I bug? (I have FiOS Internet)
rpertusio
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi all,

I have FiOS Internet in a townhome-style residence.  A technician told me that the building is using a non-TV capable device that ONLY works for FiOS Internet.  He said that some buildings in the development can get TV if they have the 'upgraded' device for the building.   I've been getting "FiOS TV is Coming!" letters in the mail for 1.5 years now.

Who do I pester to get this 'device' upgraded?  Would the Utility Commission help? (I live in PA.)

I've bugged Customer Service (who can only tell me "No, it's not available. Don't know when. There's no one you can call."

Thanks,

- rp

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: FiOS TV Availability - Who do I bug? (I have FiOS Internet)
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't know who pays for what but I know there's definitely cooperation between the two required to make it happen.   Some complexes have seperate franchise agreements with the carriers (seperate from the local taxing authority) and the controls who and what sometimes can be offered.  I'd push to have your property manager to talk to Verizon about why some of their tenants can get FiOS TV while others can't and advocate on your behalf to resolve the descrepancy (it's in their best interest afterall as more options in a particular building for communications services makes that property more valuable to prospective tenants down the road).

View solution in original post

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sounds like you live in a multi-tenant building ... and if so, your property manager would be the one to talk about this, particularly if other buildings in the same complex can get service.

rpertusio
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks!

I did contact the property manager, and they told me to talk to Verizon... that they aren't keeping VZ from doing any upgrades.

Does the upgrade fall on the property, or VZ?

I assume it comes out of VZ's pocket, which is why there is no 'rush' to get it done.

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't know who pays for what but I know there's definitely cooperation between the two required to make it happen.   Some complexes have seperate franchise agreements with the carriers (seperate from the local taxing authority) and the controls who and what sometimes can be offered.  I'd push to have your property manager to talk to Verizon about why some of their tenants can get FiOS TV while others can't and advocate on your behalf to resolve the descrepancy (it's in their best interest afterall as more options in a particular building for communications services makes that property more valuable to prospective tenants down the road).

0 Likes