For Those of You Who Want to View Subscribed Channels Only
MiMeQu21
Contributor - Level 3

I have seen a lot of questions and/or complaints about not being able to view only subscribed channels with Fios.  There have also been a lot of complaints about needing to use the Favorites Button.  I have been answering some of those posts to help those people who only want to view subscribed channels.  I thought it may be easier to put it in a specific post, so here goes:

First, this only works if you have the new 1.9 Guide.  If you still have 1.8, you will have to wait.

Go to Menu, Settings, Television, and then you will see something like "Last Viewed Guide State" all the way near the bottom.  Click on enable.

Then, go into Guide, hit Options, select "Subscribed," and your Guide view will stay on subscribed channels.  You won't have to use Favorites again.  It will stay on subscribed until you change it to something else.  For instance, if you do hit the Favorites button, you will get your Favorites channels in the Guide menu.  Then, you will have to go back in and select Subscribed channels.  You can also set it to only view HD channels and other selections.  It is up to you.  With subscribed channels, you will still see PPV channels and such because you do still have the ability to purchase movies and events from those channels, but it will block out the channels that are not in your tier or that you don't pay for like HBO, Cinemax, etc.

It seems to be a long way to go about doing this, but at least it is there now.

Hope this helps.

Re: For Those of You Who Want to View Subscribed Channels Only
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@MiMeQu wrote:
  It will stay on subscribed until you change it to something else.  For instance, if you do hit the Favorites button, you will get your Favorites channels in the Guide menu.  Then, you will have to go back in and select Subscribed channels.  You can also set it to only view HD channels and other selections.  It is up to you.  With subscribed channels, you will still see PPV channels and such because you do still have the ability to purchase movies and events from those channels, but it will block out the channels that are not in your tier or that you don't pay for like HBO, Cinemax, etc.

It seems to be a long way to go about doing this, but at least it is there now.

Hope this helps.

A couple of minor aditions to MiMeQu's post:

1. If your box is re-booted the setting will revert to all channels and you will have to select the guide option again.
  2. This does not apply to the Search function - it will still default to all channels and if you want to search only subscribed you must change to that option evry time (we tried to get the programming team to use the guide setting - maybe in the future).

Again, unless you have 1.9 none of this matters.

JPJPJP1
It's a pretty good start. At least now I don't have to filter through unsubscribed channels to set my favorites.
0 Likes
AuntieDigger

How about subscribed only when clicking through channels...my other half says that guides are made for women...guys click!!!

0 Likes
killerz298

I have been using the new "subscribed channels" filter in the new software however I noticed it isn't including the Showtime channels which I subscibe to. Is this a known bug, a set feature, or am I the only one experiencing this issue?

0 Likes
UnnDunn
Contributor - Level 3

@AuntieDigger wrote:

How about subscribed only when clicking through channels...my other half says that guides are made for women...guys click!!!

You can use the "Modes" function to do this. While watching live TV, press the Right arrow button on your remote. The "Modes" menu will appear on the right side of the screen. Select "Subscribed".

Note that the set-top-box will not remember this setting, regardless of what the "Last Known Guide State" option is set to.

0 Likes
DCurry1

I am also experiencing this issue with Showtime. Kinda makes me wonder if there are other channels I get that don't show up in Subscribed mode.

0 Likes
mitch0531
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am also seeing the same issue that others have posted.  Both in the guide or when channel surfing I can set the guide or mode to subscribed.  This seems to work except that it is missing Showtime channnels.  

0 Likes
Maggie37

Your method is very easy. Thanks. 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes