Re: HDMI Just Stopped Working on my HD DVR
TKerins
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have noticed the occasional picture go out using HDMI.  The sound is still there and flipping the tv source around and back to HDMI fixes it.

The other thing I have noticed which it does all the time is that the volume level on HDMI is lower than on component.  I have to turn up the volume on HDMI then lower it when I switch to another source or it is too loud.  Has anyone else experienced this?

Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@Perry-TX wrote:

A FIOS rep told me to use the Compsite jacks until the new Motorola Firmware was ready

I assume you mean component since composite is not HD.

0 Likes
snowmon

i'm all in. happened 10/9/08 after several trouble free months of service. techs are clueless and wouldn't acknowledge any recent firmware changes. i have a pioneer plasma and qip6416. have other hd non dvr box hdmi connected to sharp lcd no problem????????????

0 Likes
Help
I am having the same issue since Nov 4. Rebooted the DVR and the TV numerous times. No luck. ANy ideas if there is a download from Verizon?
0 Likes
pcdude
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same issue. I called Verizon support and they walked me through several steps but nothing changed. I just get the HDMI comprimised error. They sent a Verizon installer out with a new box which they said was loaded with all of the latest updates and it did not work either. The installer told me it was my TV, a Sony 42" LCD. I went to the Sony website which wasn't alot of help but did verify that it is compatible with the standards in the motorola manual.

I called support again and they informed that there is another update coming to the box. It hasn't showed up yet. This is very frustrating. I was thrilled with the picture and accepted the slow, amatuer guide (compared to Dish) but having the picture go belly up was not expected and the fact that Verizon is ignoring the hundreds, maybe more people who have their High def package getting 2nd rate service is unacceptable. I have been considering going back to Dish. What is the real issue? Well, it is called HDMI 1.3 standard, higher bandwidth capability. It's called shoving technology down your throat. I for one amd not going to purchase a new TV when my Sony is only a few years old.

Verizon, the ball is in your court and your subscribers want back what you took away!