How do i set up a Motorola QIP7000 to pass through a channel's resolution
saber732

Hi,

I would like to have the STB just pass through the video signal without any conversion being done.  For example: I want the STB ESPN to send 720p signal, NBC 1080i signal automatically.  In the video format settings menu I can only force the box to send a specific resolution I there is no auto setting.  How do I do this?

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: How do i set up a Motorola QIP7000 to pass through a channel's resolution
Hubrisnxs
Legend

native mode is only accessed through SD override section, and setting it 4:3 override  to OFF 

best of my awareness, you don't have a native mode on HD -   either 1080 or 720p.   I prefer everything in 720p personally,  

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

You can't. The Verizon STBs simply do not support that. You have two choices:

1) Try both resolutions on a variety of channels and pick the one resolution that looks the best to you. This is my choice, I decided that with my particular TV all channels looked best at 1080i.

2) Go into the Menu and change the resolution to match the channel resolution as needed. Not something I would want to do, but it can be done.

Sorry, that is it.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

I hope it is added somewhere down the road with the newer hardware. Native passthough is something I would really miss about my TiVO.

0 Likes
saber732

That kind of stinks, guess I'll have to figure out which resolution is better for my TV.

Thanks for the replies!

0 Likes
Wicked0ne1
Enthusiast - Level 2

any updates on this yet? Id really like to be able to have my set top cable box pass the native picture through with out it up or down scalling it.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Not sure if this is an included feature in the next software release, but the next software release is going on over the next couple months.   you will know when it has happened because the screen will be overhauled and look different for the guide and menu's.   when that happens test it.  

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

just set it for the 1080. When the box is in this setting it means that it will put through "up to" 1080i. If the channel is broadcasting in 720, it will not "upconvert" it. You will still get it in 720. The 720 setting will just limit the output to 720 or in other words "downconvert", should your TV not accept the 1080.

So if you want the programing to come in, in the format it is being broadcast and you tv can accept the 1080, then just set the STB to 1080 and you are good to go.

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@spacedebris wrote:

just set it for the 1080. When the box is in this setting it means that it will put through "up to" 1080i. If the channel is broadcasting in 720, it will not "upconvert" it. You will still get it in 720. The 720 setting will just limit the output to 720 or in other words "downconvert", should your TV not accept the 1080.

So if you want the programing to come in, in the format it is being broadcast and you tv can accept the 1080, then just set the STB to 1080 and you are good to go.

ABSOLUTELY WRONG!!!

Whatever you set the output to is what it will deliver to your TV.  If you set 1080i then 720p will be upconverted. 

Next verison of software will have a "Native" mode.

spacedebris
Master - Level 2

I dont know where you got that. My 6416 does not upconvert, never has. My TV displays the resolution each time I have to change channels. example. Fox. shows in 720 and HBO is currently in 1080i and all the SD show up in 480i. Has been that way since day 1.

maybe thats a difference between the 7xxx and 6xxx?

0 Likes