IPC1100 STB Sending All Output to TV as 480P
pjchris
Enthusiast - Level 2

TV is a new Vizio E600i-B3.  STB is an IPC1100 attached to TV with an HDMI cable (Verizon supplied).  TV is set to "Normal" image.  STB is set to 1080i,  16:9, SD Override = OFF.  When the TV was turned on the first time with the STB, the HD output signal was 1080i as reported by the TV using the "Info" button on the Verizon Remote.  I powered the TV and STB completely off (unplugged from wall) to move the equipment and plugged everything back in.  Now the STB is transmitting everything in 480p regardless of the transmitting station selected (High Def or Standard).

I have swapped the HDMI cables, tried component connections, powered everything down to reset the TV according to Vizio's directions and rebooted the STB several times.  Nothing changes the output.

Any suggestions?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: IPC1100 STB Sending All Output to TV as 480P - Solved
pjchris
Enthusiast - Level 2

Solved.  I downloaded the IPC1100 User Guide and found a section on detail HD adjustments.  You can push the "D" button on the FioS remote for 5 seconds and release it and a menu comes up.  One of the selections is "User Settings"  I reset the output to 16:9, 1080p30 and my HD picture is back!

This might be common knowledge, but I don't remember getting a User Guide with the IPC1100 when it came with the Quantum upgrade, so missed it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
pjchris
Enthusiast - Level 2

Solved.  I downloaded the IPC1100 User Guide and found a section on detail HD adjustments.  You can push the "D" button on the FioS remote for 5 seconds and release it and a menu comes up.  One of the selections is "User Settings"  I reset the output to 16:9, 1080p30 and my HD picture is back!

This might be common knowledge, but I don't remember getting a User Guide with the IPC1100 when it came with the Quantum upgrade, so missed it.

0 Likes
holmesmess

OMG THANK YOU!  I'd been searching the net and on the phone with Vizio (useless) all dang day.  I was ready to take my brand new Vizio e480i-b2 back to Target cuz the picture on FIOS at 480p looked a lot worse than the 37" with 720p I was replacing.   The old Vizio though had no issue getting a higher level signal from the Fios box.

0 Likes
dexterblack

Thanks a bunch.  You fixed my problem.  I don't ever recall getting a user manual either.  

0 Likes