Info box
Dennis
Enthusiast - Level 1

When changing channels the info box for the new channel disappears and the previous channels info box comes up and will do this several times if I hold the channel change button down.  I can get 5 or 6 channels away from the original channel and still have the original info box displayed.  An agent reset my box which seemed to work for the next few channel changes but reverted to the "sticky info box" syndrome.  I'm a convert from Comcast to Verizon, worst mistake I ever made

0 Likes
Re: Info box
zooky
Contributor - Level 1

@Dennis wrote:

When changing channels the info box for the new channel disappears and the previous channels info box comes up and will do this several times if I hold the channel change button down.  I can get 5 or 6 channels away from the original channel and still have the original info box displayed.  An agent reset my box which seemed to work for the next few channel changes but reverted to the "sticky info box" syndrome.  I'm a convert from Comcast to Verizon, worst mistake I ever made

Yup, drives me batty, too.  Additionally, when I push the favorites (heart) button the time is the last time I looked at i(?) or some such thing.  It's NEVER the current time.  I'm forever having to click the riht arrow button to move the time to current time, grrrr.

0 Likes
Kathleen
VZ Employee Emeritus

Hello Dennis and zooky,

OK got an answer for you on this one. 

The reason it's coming on is because channels are being surfed to fast.  And update to the 1.7 IMG will include a response timer, essentially fixing this issue.

Hope this helps.

PS Techman28 was the one who actually got you this answer.  I am merely the student.  

Message Edited by Kathleen on 04-23-2009 09:28 AM
0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1
It's a new bug with 1.6.2 and it's not only from surfing fast. You can see it sometimes just changing the channel up one position.
0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

Well, I have now had the 1.6.2 update for 1 1/2 weeks, and cannot replicate this problem at all, so it does not appear to affect all boxes. I have tried repeatedly to replicate it on my QIP6416-1 DVR and my QIP2500-3 STB, and both work exactly as they should. I have tried changing channels slowly, as fast as I can push the Channel Up or Channel Down, and by holding the Up/Down to go through a bunch of channels before releasing the button, never a failure, it keeps right in sync with the channel number of the box, and always immediately shows the correct channel that I stopped on.

Anybody have an idea why I don't see it? Not that I am complaining of course....

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1
It mostly happens on my 6200 (non DVR), but I have seen it happen on the 2500. So far never on my 6416. It's one of those things that will not happen all the time and not to everybody, but Verizon did notice it while working on 1.6.2. They decided to release it anyway since 1.6.2 had more fixes that people were waiting for.
0 Likes
zooky
Contributor - Level 1

@Kathleen wrote:

Hello Dennis and zooky,

OK got an answer for you on this one. 

The reason it's coming on is because channels are being surfed to fast.  And update to the 1.7 IMG will include a response timer, essentially fixing this issue.

Hope this helps.

PS Techman28 was the one who actually got you this answer.  I am merely the student.  

Message Edited by Kathleen on 04-23-2009 09:28 AM

Hmmm, I think not.  I haven't even begun to surf i.e.have just clicked on the "heart" and noticed the time is sometimes HOURS behind.

btw - we'll take answer from you.  You're MUCH nicer looking than Techman28!  🙂

0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1
btw - we'll take answer from you.  You're MUCH nicer looking than Techman28!  :smileyhappy:  Zooky can you verify that please need 3 sources 🙂
0 Likes