Is Al Jazzera Coming
quigs1

I read an article that mentioned Al Jazzera will come to Fios. Does anyone know when and what channel?

0 Likes
Re: Is Al Jazzera Coming
ryanca_vz
Enthusiast - Level 3

Some regions get this station while others don't yet have it. For example, Washington, DC area already gets Al Jazeera on channel 457. New York customers are scheduled to be getting it within the very near future. You can verify where the channel is using the channel lineup guide here:

http://www22.verizon.com/Residential/FiOSTV/Channels/Channels.htm

0 Likes
quigs1

Thank you for the confirmation, do you know what soon means? not to be a pest but I have been hoping to get this channel for a couple of years

0 Likes
ryanca_vz
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am unfortunately not tied directly to the group who manages the schedule for new content so I don't have much insight into this -- however you could try reaching out to @FiOSTV on Twitter to ask. If you don't use Twitter, you might try posting this over in the FiOS TV Programming forum or posting the "idea" of bringing the channel to your area in the Verizon Idea Exchange. I believe the same group that brings new content to FiOS TV on a regular basis often responds to comments and messages in those two places.

0 Likes