Is the non-multi-room DVR also 500 hours?
misterbill99
Contributor - Level 1

My ReplayTV just died and I am thinking of upgrading to a FiOS DVR. We currently have a multi-room DVR that my daughter uses and I don't want to share it with her (and vice versa) plus it's the old 80 hour model. It seems like I can only get one multi-room DVR on my system. If I get the cheaper single room DVR (which is fine with me) will it be a 500 hour model? I just did a Verizon chat and they told me it's 80 hours, but their product page still says that BOTH the single and multi-room models are 80 hours so I'm not sure I believe that.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is the non-multi-room DVR also 500 hours?
misterbill99
Contributor - Level 1

I got my answer on DSL Reports. The two boxes are the same, it's just a matter of whether the multi-room feature is enabled. I'll be calling my local FiOS store in the morning to see if they have 500 hour units in stock and will pay them a visit if they do.

I'll be able to trade in an HD STB and digital adapter so the price increase won't be that high.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
misterbill99
Contributor - Level 1

I got my answer on DSL Reports. The two boxes are the same, it's just a matter of whether the multi-room feature is enabled. I'll be calling my local FiOS store in the morning to see if they have 500 hour units in stock and will pay them a visit if they do.

I'll be able to trade in an HD STB and digital adapter so the price increase won't be that high.

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

No\te they are not rated in hours.

The common models have 160gb of storage (i believe there was a 80gb one that some early adopters of FIOS mention).  The newer models are 500gb.

And, as mentioned, there is no SPECIFIC  Multi room DVR.  Instead its a software enabled feature available on all the current models.

0 Likes