Issues while trying to order new DVR
cxg331
Contributor - Level 1

I've been having this same issue for a few weeks, and no one at the call center or at on-line help seems to be able to do anything.

I requested the e-mail notification that would allow me to order the new, high capacity DVR when it was available.  I received the e-mail indicating that it was now available to me, and with instructions on how to go about ordering it.  When I click on the picture of the DVR, I am taken to the verizon.com page with the overview of how to order it.  The next page gives me this message, consistently, on all browsers, for the past two weeks straight:

"Thank you for your interest, but at this time we cannot complete your request. Please try again later."

Now, the call center and on-line help both told me to simply sign-up for another e-mail notification and to try that.  Well, I got that new e-mail this week and the same message as above keeps appearing.

After numorous phone calls, transfers, and disconnects, what I've learned is that no one at the call center can do anything, as one can only order the new DVRs on-line.  And, no one knows why I'm getting this message.

There has to be an answer, and I'm hoping that someone here can simply help me do what I've been trying to do: Give Verizon business!  Although, at this point, I'd hope that they would be willing to wave the equipment transfer fee...

Any solutions, ideas, or contacts that can actually help me with this issue?

0 Likes
Re: Issues while trying to order new DVR
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

could be a problem with the security level on your browser being set to high? What you may want to do is use IE (most compatible with Verizon). And set your browser security level to med-low temporarilly, then clear your temp files and cookies, and try again. Once done, then reset your security to what ever level you currently have.

I'd also check to see if maybe a popup blocker is blocking a needed pop up or something like that.

If all else fails, you may want to try following the link from another computer/network. Say at work or at a friends house and see if it may be a network issue.

cxg331
Contributor - Level 1

No notices of pop-ups or anything else.  I tried it in Firefox, Chrome and IE. 

This is a message from Verizon, not something that the browser is spitting out.

This is the message I receive after it goes through "retrieving records":

"DVR Upgrade Request

Thank you for your interest, but at this time we cannot complete your request. Please try again later.

For more information concerning DVR Storage options please visit the Include FiOS TV Central Website. ( http://www.verizon.com/fiostvcentral ) 

Thank you for using VZ In Home Agent ."

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

The reason I mentioned the security level on IE is because I used to see the same type of response from my Bank. When trying to access my bank records, I kept getting "unable to process request, please try again later". After talking to the bank, I found that my security on the browser was too high and that I needed the Med-Low setting to get to the next page on the bank website (scary that a supposid "secure" website would say my security is too high Smiley Surprised ). But after lowering the setting I was able to access the page. I just thought maybe you were seeing something similar.

cxg331
Contributor - Level 1

So, does anyone else have any suggestions?  Perhaps a Verizon rep that reads these forums?  After all, I AM trying to spend money and give Verzon businsess.

0 Likes
gklein1

I am in the same boat. Not sure what to do.  Terrible customer service .  Planning on switching to Directv

0 Likes
BigBuzz73

Ive got the same problem here.  Haven't tried calling it in yet, probably will soon. 

0 Likes
spemph
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been doing this same dance with them for months...   nobody can help, they just connect you to someone else, until you've gone in a big circle.

Before I switched to Verizon, i never thought the customer service could be as bad as I had heard it was....  but it is, without a doubt, the worst company I have ever dealt with in 45 years on this earth.

You are wasting your time in this forum, btw...  nobody from Verizon reads it, nobody from Verizon responds, nobody from Verizon cares.

PS.  When I originally called about the DVR upgrade, they somehow screwed up my multi-room DVR service with my existing box and now can't fix that either.  They are a joke.  {please keep your posts courteous}Verizon.

0 Likes