Issues with 4/6 download?
PajamaGuy
Enthusiast - Level 3

Release 1.9, Build 12.40

I turned on the TV this morning, selected a remote-recorded program, started watching and within 3 minutes had the DVR freeze then re-boot itself.

After the box rebooted, I went to MENU to check the BUILD number. (12.40).

I noticed a "NEW" tag next to WHAT's NEW. As I scrolled past "In-Home Agent", the "NEW" tag flashed on the right next to "Caller ID TroubleShoot"

1. First issue - If there is a truly "NEW" item within a sub-menu, the whole menu ladder should have “NEW” tags until you get to the NEW item.
  2. Under In-Home Agent->Caller ID TroubleShoot->Press OK to Launch – I did, the 60-second initializing screen appeared – 60 seconds later a popup appeared saying “Sending a caller ID to your Box”  and there was an OK button, but no instruction….as in
  3. Should I press OK to start the sending of the CallerID to my box?           
  4. Or just press OK to acknowledge the message? 
  5. Or will the CallerID appear and THEN I should press OK?

So I pressed OK and a few seconds later another popup appeared asking me if the callerID appeared.   When I selected NO (no CallerID appeared during any of the 3 times I ran it), nothing happened.  One would think if the system says it’s going to do something, then ask me if the thing was successful – when I answer NO, the system should acknowledge its failure.

1. Within the new messages, there is the description on how to turn on “TV Recommendations”.  Once you navigate to the selection there are two selection:
    1. Turn On
    2. Turn Off
      The first time through, either it didn’t appear, or I didn’t see the little green checkmark indicating the current setting. 
      My issue is that other on-off settings indicate their current status in different ways ((Favorites, for instance) – All FiOS menu options, selections, and settings should be consistent.

PJ
CISCO CHS 435HDC (2)
CISCO CHS 335HDC (1)
1.9 Build:12.40

0 Likes
Re: Issues with 4/6 download? 4 Re-Starts??
PajamaGuy
Enthusiast - Level 3

I thought there was a way to edit a message, but can't find it...

4/7 - UPDATE:  My main DVR has re-booted itself now 4 times since receiving 12.40. 

PJ
CISCO CHS 435HDC (2)
CISCO CHS 335HDC (1)
1.9 Build:12.40

0 Likes