MRDVR not working, web access not working either
r0n1

I have called into tech support for two straight days. They seem to fix the problem for about 2-3 hours then it re-occurs. 

1. getting the error from non-DVR STBs that MRDVR encountered an error...

2. when this happens, I also lose the ability to connect to the DVR via the web and from my iphone app.

Unplugging the DVR fixes the problem briefly, but after a couple of hours it breaks again.

I have reset the router, unplugged all STBs and the DVR, unscrewed the coax from each one and powered them back on router first, DVR second and then STBs third and it has not resolved the problem permanently.

My assumption is that the STB's are still trying to connect to the old DVR but am not sure at this point. The tech indicated that he got all the STBs to point to the new DVR last night and it did work for a short period of time.

I don't understand why the settings do not last for more than a couple of hours. I'm also tired of having to troubleshoot the issue with the tech for 45 mins before I get anywhere. I have done this twice now and will have to do it again tonight when I get home.

0 Likes
Re: MRDVR not working, web access not working either
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

You might have a bad coax connection somewhere along the way.

If you run system diagnostics on each STB it will tell you the dB of the connection.  

Can you run that (under customer support) and report back the results.

You may want to do this a few times especially after you have the problem.

0 Likes
r0n1

Will do that tonight.

Additional info:

I completely reset my router to factory defaults and left all the STBs and DVR's powered off for a few mins. MRDVR worked for a couple of hours but conked out again.

With you suggestion regarding bad coax coupled with the fact that the web interface also not working, I'm thinking the coax to the DVR may need to be replaced.

Thanks for the suggestion.

0 Likes
r0n1

Here are the numbers:

DVR  24 db

STB1  19 db

STB2  21 db

STB3  21 db

I ran the Self Diagnostics and everything comes up green. After about 5 mins I run it again and the DVR stops finding the WAN IP address until I power cycle the DVR. 

Could this be a problem with the router or the DVR? Internet access is fine throughout and the TV signal, channel guide etc all work fine. It's just this link from the DVR to the WAN that seems to fail.

I tried replacing the coax run from the splitter to the DVR but that did not help.

Thanks.

update:

ran diag about 2 hours later and DVR couldn't find the WAN.

update 2: tech on phone told me how to check inband and oob signal to noise, both were in spec so he is sending me a replacement DVR. hopefully it's a defective unit.

0 Likes