Multi room dvr not working
Zaraspook
Enthusiast - Level 1

I signed up for Home Media DVR, however, I have never been able to view recorded programs from the other tv.  After a VERY lengthy phone call with tech support the problem remains unchanged. They had me unplug every set top box and the router and then power them back.  They also did several remote system re-sets... No luck.

The phone call ended with Tech support mistakenly claiming that my router wasn't working (the actual problem with the router was that the wireless settings changed when they asked me to re-set it).  I figured this out on my own, after hanging up.  So, they sent out a new router, which actually doesn't work.  All lights come on as expected except the "internet" light is orange instead of green.

Anyway, the old router is working fine but I can't get the multi room dvr to work.  I saw another post where a Verizon rep replied that they "waived their magic wand" and the problem was resolved!  Still got that magic wand??

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Multi room dvr not working
Zaraspook
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks to  JoeD for helping track down the problem.  I replaced the coax splitter and cleaned up the coax wires... and presto! now it's working!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
If you PM one of the techs in blue they can check your account and make sure the multiroom DVR is provisioned correctly.
Message Edited by Telcoguru on 08-25-2009 06:13 AM
0 Likes
VZ_JoeD
Contributor - Level 1
Hello.  I can do a deep dive for you.  Please Message me your Tele# so I can check our system and assure your hub is properly setup for MR DVR.  I will assist you in getting this resolved right away.
Zaraspook
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks to  JoeD for helping track down the problem.  I replaced the coax splitter and cleaned up the coax wires... and presto! now it's working!

0 Likes