Re: NBC Flagging HD Programs as Do Not Record
buhbuhh

I have worked this issue with Ceton and Verizon. I was able to get an image for my InfiniTV6 PCIe that fixed the problem on that WMC. I still have the problem on my InfiniTV4 PCIe WMC.

I just sat on a call with Verizon support for over an hour. A very nice woman worked my issue and could not find any information regarding the setting of the flag. She reset my cable card three times and I think attempted some other things to no avail. I requested that the problem be escalated and she spoke to her supervisor who said that licensing agreements with the content providers will allow only Verizon set top boxes the ability to record some content, (tell that to TiVo), and that the problem could not be escalated.

That is my success and failure. Good luck to anyone else that has this issue.

0 Likes
buhbuhh

Just in case someone from Verizon does see this post. Here is the tuner status page from the Ceton InfiniTV4 page showing the "Copy Never" (0x03) flag set on 504/WRCHD.

0 Likes
ron511
Enthusiast - Level 1

Has this problem been solved?  Are you able to record NBC now?

0 Likes
buhbuhh

As far as I know it has not been corrected. The last time I tried to record 504/WRC the HD channel here in DC it still did not work. I am able to record the SD channel so that will work over the summer.

I worked with Verizon support to fix the problem and after resetting my cable card a number of times and the nice support person not being able to find out anything about this problem I asked it to be escalated. The request was made to the support supervisor and I was told that they are required to set this flag by contract with some providers (total **bleep**). I asked my support person to notify the supervisor that I was not happy with that response and that it was really against the law for this flag to be set on an over the air network even if it was being broadcast. I have not done anything else but I am attempting to find a Verizon FIOS executive that I can send a snail mail response about this issue

0 Likes
joeffx

I too have a cable card and use the windows media center to record TV programs.

Many months ago I first had problems when recording the major networks on HD and switching to recording SD worked up until about 3/1/2017.   

Since about 3/1/2017 I've not been able to record NBC  in either SD or HD (Ch4 & Ch504).  This is the first instance that I can not record HD and SD of a channel. 

Given that I can no longer record NBC programs, I've written off watching that network, until this problem is resolved.  It's the only network to date to present this problem and the the MS Media Center error message states that "... network .. does not allow this program to be recorded."  It attempts to record 3 times and then quits trying to record.

0 Likes