NEW HIGH CAPACITY DVR BOXES!?!
phillychad
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello everyone, I have a question that Im sure I saw somewhere else on the forums but can not seem to locate now...

When can I get the new High(er) capacity DVR box for my FIOS?

I have already asked and was told to sign up for a sort of list. I did, but have noticed a lot of people already received their boxes. Are they giving them out by region? The current box we are using doesn't hold nearly enough for our needs. Any help would GREATLY be appreciated! Thank you... Chad in Philadelphia, PA.

0 Likes
Re: NEW HIGH CAPACITY DVR BOXES!?!
milhaus_vz
Contributor - Level 1

Phillychad,

I sent a PM to you about this issue.

-- Mike M

0 Likes
bhaasie

I have the same question, can I get a PM also?Smiley Very Happy

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

if you haven't already signed up on the site, then just log in and do the following. 

verizon.com/fiostvcentral -> My TV -> Set Top Box -> bottom right banner ad about ur DVR > Click and fill in the info to be placed on the waiting list.  most people get the upgrade email within days,.      

0 Likes
CLyttle
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is crazy, any truth to the rumor that because I am not a new fios customer I will not be able to get the new DVR, I just wanna know cause I have Phone/TV/Internet and I can't see such a big company as fios forgetting about the people who have basically had fios service since its inception

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@CLyttle wrote:

This is crazy, any truth to the rumor that because I am not a new fios customer I will not be able to get the new DVR, I just wanna know cause I have Phone/TV/Internet and I can't see such a big company as fios forgetting about the people who have basically had fios service since its inception

What's crazy? If you currently have a DVR and want to get a QIP7232 (500 GB), then log in at MyVerizon and do what Hubrisnxs said previously. Or if you have a local Verizon store you can see if they have them in stock, and if they do, go in and swap.

I have had FiOS TV for over 5 1/2 years, a few weeks ago I "registered" on MyVerizon, I got the email a week later, responded, and my new DVR was on my porch the next day. Easy as pie....and works great.....

Keller, TX 76248

dtrain11274

did you pay an upgrade fee?

0 Likes
s_chev

Yes, they add $39.99 to your bill one time for the upgrade.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@dtrain11274 wrote:

Assuming you are asking me, yes.

Keller, TX 76248

oneintouch
Enthusiast - Level 3

@dtrain11274 wrote:

I am an existing FiOS customer and I had to pay the upgrade fee as well.   I don't know of any existing customers who upgraded to the new DVR for free, but if anyone here knows otherwise, please tell me. 

0 Likes