Need Help with VOD_112 Error, as Fios Tech Support is USELESS!
megamanfre

I did a search on the forums, and didnt really find any information on this error, at least not after going through the first couple of pages. I did some googling, and found some information, but nothing that was able to resolve my issue.

I just had Fios installed today, and had 3 multiroom DVR Boxes, and 4 regular boxes installed (7 total), along with phone and 50/20 internet. Everything worked perfectly after the tech left at about 5ish, until around 8pm. Thats when I attempted to access some On Demand programming, and received the VOD_112 error. I checked all the boxes, and they all have the same problem. None of my boxes can get VOD, but they can watch their own DVRed programs, and still receive the guide.

From what I read, the 112 error has something to do with connecting to the internet for VOD services. My internet works perfectly, and the modem lights that are on, are Power, WAN Coax, Internet, (1) LAN Ethernet, and Wireless. Somewhere it stated that LAN Coax should be lit, and there was a resolve stating to force an update to the modems Firmware, which I did, and after it rebooting on its own, the LAN Coax is still not showing. I tried a hard reset myself, and still no LAN Coax. I even went into the router with the 192.168.1.1 and logged in, it didnt see any of the televisions connected. I even DLed the In Home Agent, hoping to be able to try something with that, but its only allowing me to work with the Internet, not the TV or Phone.

When the tech called to make sure everything was working, I guess as a same day service call, I told him of the problem, and he said he would come by to check it out. Unfortunately he never came back.

Has anyone else had this problem, and been able to resolve it themselves? Ive had Fios before, and their tech support is just horrendous. The Techs have always been helpful, but even they have their limits, I mean, I didnt really expect him to come by and take a look at everything at 8pm, when he was already here for nearly 8 hours doing the installation of everything. Id much rather take care of it myself. Im not a network wizard, but if given proper instructions, I can troubleshoot anything, so if theres a way I can get the network working properly myself, I feel that Im better off.

Thanks in advance for anyones help.

0 Likes
Re: Need Help with VOD_112 Error, as Fios Tech Support is USELESS!
COMET65
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am having this problem now. I agree, not much info. from Verizon support.

0 Likes
Re: Need Help with VOD_112 Error, as Fios Tech Support is USELESS!
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes