No Sound on specific channels
BrookLana

I do not get any sound on my local Fox and NBC channels - I don't get sound on the regular channel and the HD channels.  It is only these 2 channels. There are random moments that the sound will play but for the most part there is NO SOUND. I had an older set-top box when this first started happeneing and I troubleshooted everything with FiOS and they suggested a new box.  I got a new box about a month ago and the sound worked fine. Now all of a sudden the sound just stopped again on just these 2 channels (4 channels including HD).  THE ODDEST PART is it only happens in the Master bedroom. These channels play just fine in the other rooms/ STboxes.  We thought it was the TV - we swapped TVs - same problem. We thought it was the cable wire - we changed wire connected to the wall jack and the tv - same problem. WE HAVE DONE EVERYTHING that we can think of to do; we checked the sound and language settings, we checked for SAP (read about that somewhere) - SAME PROBLEM.  All of my televisions are Samsung - Does ANYONE know why these 2 channels are not working in this one room and why is it only these channels?  HELP! 

0 Likes
Re: No Sound on specific channels
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you swap the boxes around like you did the TVs?

How is the TV connected to the box?

Can you try swapping cable types (ie HDMI for component or vice versa)?

If none of that makes a difference, it still coulbe be a cabling issue fromt he splitter to the wall jack.

You can verify all the connections are tight at the splitter.

Could also try swapping cables around at the splitter.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Could be a problem with a DD channel.  If that TV doesn't support it from the input your using.  Solution, in that case, is to find the option to change to L-PCM.

For VMS/IP boxes

• Turn on tv and box
  • hold button D (green diamond) for a few seconds and release
  • select option 02 user settings
  • select additional HDMI settings
  • Scroll audio output and shift left or right to L-PCM
  • hit exit

Don't completely remember the steps of the other boxes its something like

• turn off TV an STB
  • turn off STB (best if done from box)
  • quickly press OK then Menu
  • on screen that shows up look for additional HDMI settings and select it (might be on a submenu I don't remember for sure)
  • Select audio output and hit ok until you see L-PCM
  • power off box then power on.
0 Likes
BrookLana

Greetings,

I went to try this but when I hold the "D" it brings up "My Dashboadd" and didn't have the options you listed.

I am so aggravated by this whole thing. It makes it very difficult because I cannot watch ANY programs on NBC or Fox unless I am in the living room.  Smiley Mad

0 Likes
BrookLana

I don't see that swapping the boxes would matter because the boxex work in the other rooms and the box in there now is brand new.

I have swapped every cable - tried component cables - all of that - I even took the jack off and connected it directly to the cable in the wall with a connector - NOTHING.

It just makes no sense to me.  

Thanks,

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

For quantum boxes (VMS/IP) only, holding D button for a few seconds should bring up the BUI Main Menu.  For non-quantum follow the other set of instructions.

0 Likes
BrookLana

Your instructions say turn off the STB twice - I am confused by that - I have tried a lot of different things to see if I could figure out what you meant but I am not sure. 

I am probably going to have to get Verizon to come out at this point.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sorry about that typo.  Its Turn on Tv and STB

For VMS/IP boxes

• Turn on tv and box
  • hold button D (green diamond) for a few seconds and release
  • select option 02 user settings
  • select additional HDMI settings
  • Scroll audio output and shift left or right to L-PCM
  • hit exit

Don't completely remember the steps of the other boxes its something like

• turn on TV and STB
  • turn off STB (best if done from box)
  • quickly press OK then Menu
  • on screen that shows up look for additional HDMI settings and select it (might be on a submenu I don't remember for sure)
  • Select audio output and hit ok until you see L-PCM
  • power off box then power on.
0 Likes
BrookLana

I just want to say thanks - you have been so kind to try and help.

Ultimately what happened was I contacted FiOS technical support and they had to do something form their end to program the box or reset the STB - it is/was some sort of "glitch".  Whatever he did corrected the issue.... but it had to re-do my settings etc.... a small price to pay (lol) - I asked the rep to tell me what it was in case it happened again - and he said don't worry it won't happen again.  So I never found out what the actual problem was - but I have sound again.

Again - thank you for all your input!

BrookLana

0 Likes