Not authorized for playback
txnay125

Two weeks in a row now we havent been able to watch schedule programs that we have recorded.  when trying to play something we get an error "This service is notauthorized for playback (or recording)." Other programs playback fine.  if we are watching it live and pause it, it freezes and we have to exit

0 Likes
Re: Not authorized for playback
Karl_VZ
Contributor - Level 1

Hi txnay125 -- I sent you a message about your post so we can take a look at the DVR problems.  Please get back to me when you're able.  Thanks!

0 Likes
TMNoone

I also got the message "This service is not authorized for playback (or) recording" for a recording that is recorded every week.  Last week is the first time we got this message and now we cannot watch the program.  Is it a DVR problem?

0 Likes
Jcronk23
Did you accidentally hit play all and then stop and try to play a single episode? Thats what gets this error for me. It play the episodes error free using play all though, but quite inconvenient...
0 Likes
TMNoone

Unfortunately no, it is just one episode of a show and when I hit play, I get that message.

0 Likes
jb12345671

Tonight I got the "Not authorized for playback or recording" message when trying to playback CBSs How I met your mother while it was recording. What exactly is this indicative of?

0 Likes
IslandChief

Tonight I had this issue also.. but there I am yet to see a definite cause or fix for the problem: 

Why Is Verizon not coming forward with information about this...

Why all of a sudden this is becoming more prevalent.. They obviously made some kind of change on there side

Verizon ??  Help please.. I am paying for a service that is broken.... running out of patience...

0 Likes
doggonepc

Happened this evening on my Harry's law recording.  What gives...

0 Likes
Canofsoup
Glad to hear I'm not the only one having these issues. Got the "not authorized for playback" message tonight on one show - this is the third time it has happened in the past month or so. I've also had a few issues with corrupted recordings that get stuck in the middle and loop back to a point earlier in the recording. This all sucks - please advise re: any solutions!
0 Likes
GalBiker
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too am getting the same DVR alert error message although mine started this week seemingly after the Guide upgrade.

0 Likes