Not subscribed to channel error
Poudre11
I just upgraded to the extreme hd package yesterday, now when i try to schedule a speed channel show from my iphone (dvr manager) i get the following error
"not subscribed to channel" same deal from my pc. Please help i am pulling my hair out here, i cringe at the thought calling verizon on the phone. Thanks
0 Likes
Re: Not subscribed to channel error
Poudre11

hello is there anybody in here? i am getting the feeling that somewhere in chechnya there is a very cold, hairy man named peggy running the show at verizon. No phone support available and the ask verizon support thingy seems to run me in circles. god help me

0 Likes
doropallo
Contributor - Level 1

Why didn't you do a live chat if you don't like calling?

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@Poudre11 wrote:

hello is there anybody in here? i am getting the feeling that somewhere in chechnya there is a very cold, hairy man named peggy running the show at verizon. No phone support available and the ask verizon support thingy seems to run me in circles. god help me

Do you not know that this is a user-helping-user forum? And you want instantaneous support in the middle of the night? Come on, you need to be reasonable. And if you want Verizon help, you need to contact Verizon.

And most definitely yes there is phone technical support, 24/7, for FiOS. What number did you call (or did you even bother to try)?

Can you see Speed Channel on the STB? If so, can you schedule a recording via the STB, rather than phone or pc? A little more info might help. But my guess would be that the website knowledge about your upgrade is not there yet; unfortunately Verizon seems to have about 50 different systems, none of which talk to each other, or if they do, they do it once a day or once a week or something. My suggestion is to just wait a day or two for the phone and internet access to start working.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
Poudre11

hmmm why didn't i think of that? actually live support said not available

0 Likes
Poudre11

justin, yes i understand that this is user helping user forum, i turned here because i couldn't get help from verizon and out of desperation i was hoping someone might of had a simular problem.

reasonable? reasonable in my opinion would be for me to be able to record formula 1 when i am paying good money for it. phone support where i am says that nobody is available live after 9:00 pm.

a few weeks ago i tried to get the speed channel for the first race of the season, after i got a tech on the phone at 8:40pm she told me that her computer wouldn't let her into my account and that there was nothing she could do for me, i then tried live support, the tech tried to get it set up by directing me through the steps online.... 35 minutes later and no luck.

a few days later i spoke to a tech/local rep on the phone that told me no problem, he would handle it, he told me he would be by my house by 5:00pm because he needed a signature before he could upgrade my package, and it would take 48 hours after that. he never showed up and never called.

several days later after calling again they managed to get me the extreme upgrade, no signature required, i now recieve the speed channel on my STB, by the time it was all working i was out of town and needed to schedule a record and the error tells me that i am not subscribe, so here we are a day later, i missed the race and i am still getting the error when i try to record the speed channel while away from my STB.

so i say reasonable? i think so. when i posted the first two post i was a little frazzled from my prior attempts, a little tired and a little **bleep** off. on the bright side i now have two weeks before the next race to resolve the issue although i am hoping i can schedule from my tv when i get home. sure would like one of the features that lured me from direct tv to function as advertised.

0 Likes
Poudre11

just so it is clear i know that i get the speed channel on my STB because when my nephew went by to tend to my dog i had him check, by the time i realized that i was unable to schedule remotely it was too late to have him run over and record it for me

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

I did not mean that your need for it to work was unreasonable, I was referring to your request for help on a user-to-user forum at 10:27 PM (CDT) on a Saturday night, with a follow up one hour and 20 minutes later at 12:37 PM on Sunday morning, asking for help on getting the remote DVR function working for a channel in a newly upgraded subscription. I do understand your frustration, I just think that your request for help from users was unreasonable.

If it doesn't start working by itself, I think you are going to need to contact Verizon directly. I assure you in can work, I don't use the remote DVR function that often, but when I do it works just fine. Good luck.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
Poudre11

i apreatiate you taking the time to reply Justin, so don't get me wrong here, but i don't think it was unreasonable, i didn't expect help i was hoping for it. best case scenario someone was able to help me seconds after i posted, if not....my request would be out there for whenever if ever someone might be able to help. i get the feeling you feel i was demanding help, not so.

if you read my second post i think it is somewhat clear that based on me joking about the Peggy thing i was taking a light hearted approach to the situation. i really wanted to record my race.

I use several forums for various information sources and from my experience people frequent them at all hours of the day and night, i had no reason to expect anything less here, but expecting an answer? no. in addition i have answered many questions for people and helped any way i could, time of day or night was never an issue.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply, have a good day

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

OK, hopefully we are good now. I guess I just totally misinterpreted your posts, sorry.

I see you are a new member here, welcome, hope you find it useful despite this experience, and that you can help others here.

And I hope the remote DVR function for Speed Channel is now working for you. Smiley Very Happy

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes