On Demand
RAL5

When trying to start a program in "on demand" I hit play and get a message (VOD_153) that the program cannot be accessed. Any ideas on what is wrong?

0 Likes
Re: On Demand
Nedlo2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Had the same error last night.  I contacted a Verizon Rep online and was told there was an outage in the Northern Virginia area and could be 24-48 hours before it was restored.

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

it also could be an error on the router, try rebooting the router. If your part of the outage this will not help, but it wont hurt. If not part of the outage, then this may correct the issue.

Nedlo2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried rebooting the router before I contacted Verizon.  I read through the self help stuff first and that was the only recommendation the self help gave.  After that didn't work  I contacted Verizon on-line I was told by the tech that there was an outage affecting my area and it should be cleared 24-48 hours.  Will try when I get home to see if it cleared.

0 Likes
Nedlo2
Enthusiast - Level 2

VOD was working when I got home from work!

PISSOFF920
Enthusiast - Level 1

@RAL wrote:

When trying to start a program in "on demand" I hit play and get a message (VOD_153) that the program cannot be accessed. Any ideas on what is wrong?

VOD 153, VOD 122, VOD 212......ALL I CAN SAY IS I PRAY FOR THE DAY MY 2 YEAR CONTRACT IS UP....

PISSOFF920
Enthusiast - Level 1

VOD 153, VOD 122, VOD 212......ALL I CAN SAY IS I PRAY FOR THE DAY MY 2 YEAR CONTRACT IS UP....

VERIZON FIOS AND TIME WARNER CABLE 2 OF THE BIGGEST CABLE COMPANY'S ALWAYS SCREWING THE LITTLE GUY....

Kevinrli

I have to post a quick reply to all these " Wait for my 2 year contract to be up" comments. Yeah I got the VOD_153 error tonight. Googled it and found my way here. It's a VERY rare occirance that I have issues with verizon. This is one of those rare times but overall Fios ROCKS over Cablevision here on Long Island. Internet is flawless. The speed I had 3 years ago are the same speeds I have today. 24X7 my 35/35 connection is always 35/35. Not like cable which offers basic 15/5 speeds which are usually more like 10/2 and during peek hours fall to 5/1. It's a joke. The television service is far beyond cablevision. Not only for the overall quality but the selection is too. So yeah no technology is perfect but Fios is the best thing out here at the moment. By the way this is coming from an I.T. professional with 20 years experience.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

One of the first thing the quick fixes check for is outages,   Maybe try throwing those into your mix when you're trying to get it to work.  might save some people some time.

www.verizon.com/repair

And occasionally they post service outages at www.verizon.com/outage

Information Regarding Service Disruptions

Where can I get information from Verizon if there is a service outage in my neighborhood? 
Usually if there is a blackout or weather-related service outage, information is provided through a variety of online sources. To get the most current information, check the following:

Verizon At Home

Fans of FiOS on Facebook

Verizon Support on Twitter

Verizon on Twitter

Forums

I am having a service issue but I’m not sure if it’s caused by an outage in my area
Verizon provides automatic troubleshooting tools that can often resolve issues that are isolated to your home. You can use:

In-Home Agent (Desktop Application)
Verizon Troubleshooter (Web-Based Tools)

Regardless of which option you choose, you can do things like automatically test your phone line, reset a Set-Top Box and more. The options available will depend on the Verizon services you have.

If you don’t have In-Home Agent on your computer, you can download it online:

Download In-Home Agent:  Windows | Macintosh

How do I report an outage?
The fastest way to report an outage is through the Verizon Troubleshooter. Follow the troubleshooting links for your service issue.

If Verizon Troubleshooter is not able to fix your issue, you will be prompted to open a repair request online.

How do I reset my FiOS equipment after a power outage?

The FiOS Battery Backup Unit (BBU) provides up to 8 hours of power for a landline Verizon phone in the event of a power outage.  To reset your equipment, you can follow the Verizon Troubleshooter wizard or follow the online instructions.

How do I report a downed telephone pole or telephone lines?

If you have a downed telephone line in your area, please report it to Verizon Repair at 1-800-VERIZON (1-800-837-4966). For your own safety do not touch or move the downed line as power lines can be confused with phone or cable connections.

Johngalt338
Enthusiast - Level 2

It rocks alright -- like taking a ship into the rocks.  Verizon truly sucks.  These VOD 153 errors happen all the time and I go through the procedures of rebooting, etc. to no avail.  Then I have to maneuver myself through the website to find a phone number and try to reach someone.  Then I have to go through the mindless voice activated requests until you get on a lengthy, lengthy wait to speak with a person.  When you do get to talk with a person, you have to go through elaborate procedures to confirm that you are calling about your service, even though I am calling from my Verizon phone.  Oh, if they can't fix it then you get to call the billing department and go on another lengthy go around through another set of voice activated procedures to wait another lengthy wait to get to speak with another person about the horrible crappy service that we pay for.  

I know that the "service representatives" are not to blame for the horrible Verizon service, but by the time I finally get to a live human being, I am ready to go ballistic.