One and a half months later, TV still not fixed... Same problem
jshor

I wanted to take this time to let you know how badly Verizon dropped the ball this past month and a half...

Problem: FIOS TV - After I watch a channel for 30 minutes or so, the channel would stop working and an "unsubcribe" screen would pop up, as if I am "unsubscribed" to that channel - when I definitely am not. I would have to reset the set top box for the channel to start working again. This impacts the DVR also - even if the TV is not on and I am DVRing, the DVR will stop working because 20-30 minutes into the show, it will get an unsubscribed notification and stop recording. (This does not happen to CBS, NBC, FOX, My9, or CW. It does happen to just about everything else - TBS, TNT, FX, AMC, etc.)

I actually wanted to see when I first contacted Verizon with this problem - but my phone literally does not go back that far. Literally. I tried looking at my Verizon Wireless bill (since I have been a Verizon customer for longer than I can remember) but Verizon Wireless does not charge calls to Verizon (thank god - otherwise my bill woulda been 6 pages longer). Either way, I remember that Verizon sends these annoying customer service survey emails after every call... First one sent was April 13th 2014. That was around 40 days ago. 40!!

April 13, 2014 - First call to Verizon - Called to let them know that this has been happening for a few days now (I waited a few days to see if the problem would go away by itself). We checked out the system info, unplugged and replugged the box, and used an eraser on the copper wire, as per the "tech's" advice.

April 17, 2014 - Second call to Verizon - Called to let them know that this issue was still happening. Reset the box, checked the system info, did a "hard reset" of the box. 

April 23, 2014 - Third call to Verizon - Called to let them know that this issue was still happening. Reset the box, checked the system info, did a hard reset of the box. Finally(!!), Verizon said they would replace my set top box. Verizon also creditted my account with $30.55, which is disgustingly low considering I've spent $540.99 since installation but I'll get back to that later. Thank you for the 5% credit. I was able to buy a gum ball.

April 28, 2014 - Fourth call to Verizon - Called to let them know that this issue was still happening. Reset the box, checked the system info, did a hard reset of the box. 

May 6, 2014 - Fifth call to Verizon - Called to let them know that this issue was still happening. Finally, they said they would send a tech to the apartment. Woo. Hoo.

May 8, 2014 - A tech came to the apartment - Stayed for 5-10 minutes. Switched the splitter and left. Guess if the problem was fixed...

May 9, 2014 - Sixth call to Verizon - Called to let them know that this issue was still happening. However, since I wasn't home, and the tech couldn't "try possible solutions" (reset the box, check the info, etc. - which would've been my 5th time doing that same "possible solution"), and the tech would not let me schedule an appointment for that Sunday. Which is ridiculous - at this point, why the heck would be lying about this?? And on top of that, Verizon wanted to charge me to send someone out to my apartment. Remember, this is your fault. This is not my fault. I am not cutting my own wires so I have someone to talk to at night. 

May 10, 2014 - Seventh call to Verizon - Called to let them know that this issue was still happening. Finally (again!!), a legit great tech said that they would send someone tomorrow morning. Anytime between 8 am - 5 pm.... **bleep**. Luckily, he knocked it down to 8 am - 1 pm. Then he said that I deserve a huge credit - which I do.

May 11, 2014 - Tech came to the apartment. The tech actually tried which was nice to see. Switched out the box inside the closet (whatever it's called - not the set top box). Stayed a bit. Told me to call him personally if anything went wrong.

May 11, 2014 - Later that night, called to tell him that it wasn't fixed and the problem was still happening.

Called again, and again, and again, and again. No response. 

There are so many more facets to this nightmare which make it so much more beautiful and enjoyable. 

(1) We got this installed February 28, 2014. 44 days ago! 44!! That means that half the time I've had Verizon, it's been broken. Yet for some reason I still get bills. I've spent $540.99 on 44 days of TV service.

(2) My family has had Verizon for the past 7(?) years. And always paid their bill on time.

(3) My entire family and I have been Verizon wireless customers for the past 10(?) years.

(4) The tech said that he can raise this up to a Tier 2. How is this not a top priorority?? Where is your loyalty??

Verizon talks about loyalty, customer service, retaining customers. What. the. hell. I've stuck by Verizon for the past 40 days with this, and you repay me with $30.55 ...?? The exact amount of money (to the cent) that I was out FIOS TV. First, it's not. You didn't factor in DVR, etc. Second, you've got to be kidding - where is your loyalty?? I deal with this nightmare - spending my nights on the phone with you, waiting at home for techs to show up. Pay me for my time. Pay me for my distress that YOU caused. You've given away much more for lesser problems.

At this point, Verizon should assign a representative to my case. They should be calling me to make sure that everything is fixed. They should be at my door when I am available. At this point, they should do an entire re-installation, including boxes, routers, wires - you should change the telephone pole at this point. And if you credit me with nothing more than the exact amount to the cent of FIOS TV that I was out, I'll three way Optimum into our call so you can hear me leave.

And for ETFs - I haven't received any service from you, so Verizon broke the contract.

0 Likes
Re: One and a half months later, TV still not fixed... Same problem
PTENS
Enthusiast - Level 2

jshor-

I know what you must be going through. I am a long time Verizon customer and have paid Verizon aprox. $20,000.00 over the last 12 years. I recently swithched to the FIOS Triple Play and Verizon is trying to charge me an additional $20.00 per month over 24 months which amounts to $480.00. Prior to the installation, they promised me a certain price. After the installation, they changed it. I've called numerous times to try and correct the bill but have had no success. I even have an email from Verizon with the agreed price.

Good luck with your problem.

PTENS

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

jshor,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board. you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Jshor, 

As discussed in your private support case this issue has been resolved. Please let us know if you need anything else!

-Mitchell

0 Likes