One small problem that I cant seem to resolve
primrose3745

Just got Fios installed on 7/18. Everything seems to be working great, except one small thing that is slightly annoying.

The information bar on one of my three Cisco 435 boxes is briefly showing the channel name,  the time (duration) of the program on the right and the bar that shows how much of the program is left, then it disappears. Its there for just an instant. All other information bar data stays including the channel number. On my other two boxes all of the information stays there until the information bar disappears on its own. Thats how is should work.

This occurs when using the channel +/- button.

Also, if you go back to the previous channel, it works correctly. The information is there. You can go back and forth to the last channels you were on and it will be correct but if you start going further along to other channels it loses the show time (duration) information and the progress bar just stays at the beginning.

Has anyone seen this issue before and is it resolvable? Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: One small problem that I cant seem to resolve
primrose3745

One other thing. When I get to the channel I can bring the information up using the Fios TV button. The progress bar and the scheduled time appear with the rest of the information.

0 Likes
Contributor - Level 1

If you go to Menu - Settings - System Information; what build do you have  (12.36 or 12.38)?

While on the System Info screen, type 4883, OK on your remote - it should pop up saying command successful or something like that.  Then type 2601, OK - the box should reset.  When it comes back up - is the problem still there?

0 Likes
primrose3745

I have 12.36.

I did what you suggested and it took the codes but the box did not reset and the issue remains.

0 Likes
Contributor - Level 1

Do the 4883 again, and then pull the power plug for a few seconds // see if it resolves.

0 Likes
primrose3745

Thank you for your suggestion but after trying the code and unplugging I still have this problem. Any more ideas to try?

0 Likes