Onkyo TX-NR709 won't work with Verizon remote
lgare1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the  Onkyo TX-NR709.  The Verizon/Phillips remote will only turn the receiver on or off but not both.   Verizon support "lost in space" their answer buy a Harmony remote.  I had Harmony before and feel they suck.  Just check Harmony's own web page reviews 1/4 of they own reviews only give them a 1-3 rating out of 5.  

Onkyo support says it's version's fault and their remote.  Phillips who makes the remote don't even know they make the remote, DAHHH!!!!

All I want and need it to do is turn it on/off and volume adj.  

I can go to Walmart buy a $50 Home Theater system and completely control all my components with my Verizon/Phillips remote.  High end stuff no way.  I guess the new rule must be, at least with Verizon and Phillips, You Don't get What You Pay For.

And so every knows it's a lot of the higher end stuff not just Onkyo.

Buying a remote that cost 1/4-1/2 ($199.99-$350.00) as much as the receiver ($500)  is absolutely insane and shouldn't even be suggested.   It's only a remote control.

Does anyone know if Verizon's Motorola or Scientific-Atlanta AT8550 will do the Hard job of turning my receiver on/off and adj the volume.  

0 Likes