Out of home viewing of DVR not working
kenroser
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wow am I frustrated with support.  I keep opening tickets to get my out of home viewing working and support keeps closing them saying the problem is resolved.  They also say I have a WiFi extender causing the problem, yet there is no wifi extender.  Following is the text of my latest trouble report.  I sure hope someone from Verizon can escalate this problem and get me some help.

I can watch DVR shows fine on my home wifi. When using WiFi outside of my home the playback does not work and I get error VMS 1055.

I used the System Diagnostics in the Troubleshoot Wizard within the app and it reports Credentials to connect with your Media Server from Out of Home do not match. I select Fix It and the next screen says Reconciling the credential in FM APP
I get a spinning icon and I waited half an hour and it never stopped.

I then did the following. These are the instructions I was provided:

For you to be able to stream DVR recordings, the app will need to be provisioned with your DVR, the initial provisioning has to be done while connected to your home network, if you uninstall the app you would need to perform the initial provisioning again. Also please note that you need to connect to Verizons
Provided router, if you have any other non-Verizon router or Wi-Fi extenders connected to your network, then DVR streaming capabilities will be affected.

Below are the provisioning steps:

Re-sync process 1
1. Unplug your DVR box and from the power outlet and the router and then reconnect your router first then Verizon boxes and allow them to fully come up.
2. With your mobile device connected to your Verizon Router WiFi, log off the app via settings and back into the app.

Re-sync process 1
1. Pull up the menu on your DVR box and go to - Settings / System / Mobile Devices / Mobile Devices / Active Device and
Select your device
Name and hit ok to remove it
2. Now go to Removed Devices and select you device and add it back.
3. With your mobile device connected to your Verizon Router WiFi, uninstall the app and install it again. This should allow it to provision like new.

I did all instructed, but the original ticket {edited for privacy} was marked resolved even though the problem continued.

I then opened ticket {edited for privacy}on January 23. That ticket has been pretty much ignored other than claiming I was using a WiFi extender, which I was not.

And so I entered another ticket to get someone to listen to me, {edited for privacy}.  That was closed saying I am supposed to remove extra equipment.  First of all there is no WiFi extender in my home and someone thought.  Streaming works in the home anyway.  And when I am away from home using ATT LTE service, again there is no equipment I can change.

Please stop closing my tickets as resolved when in fact the problem is not fixed and there is nothing left for me to try.

0 Likes
Re: Out of home viewing of DVR not working
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Support here is mainly peer to peer.

And FIOS support does not cover the APP.

It has its own support group.

When you are out of the house, do you see the DVR icon at teh top?

Do you get a red X next to it?

Next time you try it out of the house, open a ticket.

Use the attach logs feature.
That should let them know what is going on.

0 Likes
kenroser
Enthusiast - Level 2

I know it's peer to peer.

When I open the App (IOS), it opens to the dashboard and the only icons on the top are the fios remote and a magnifying glass.

When I hit the top left button that gives you all the choices it says "Stream from Cloud" near the top.

The troubleshooting wizard tells me what's wrong, but not how to fix it.

It says "Credentials to connect with your Media Server from Out of Home do not match"

I say fix it and it says

"Reconciling the credentials in FM APP..." and then it hangs forever.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page here on the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Can not stream DVR when out of home
kenroser
Enthusiast - Level 2
I'm getting the VMS_1055 error when trying to stream my DVR and I'm not on my home network. Verizon support tells me it's because my IOS device has a name with special characters in it. I'm not sure what are special characters, but I do have left paren, right paren and an apostrophe. They tell me the next version of the app will fix this problem. As of 2/22/16, this new version hasn't been released yet. Since a lot of iPhones are named like "John's iPhone" I suspect my problem is the parens.

Changing my iPhone name doesn't fix this because the media server doesn't seem to notice when I change the name even after deleting it and adding it back to the media server.

I'll report back whether the new version of the app fixes it.
0 Likes
Re: Can not stream DVR when out of home
kenroser
Enthusiast - Level 2

They release a new version of the Fios App last week and the VMS-1055 error is not resolved.

0 Likes
Re: Can not stream DVR when out of home
kenroser
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been dealing with support for months on the issue of getting error code VMS_1055 when trying to watch DVR shows out-of-home, but yesterday they pushed out new firmware to my G1100 router, version 01.03.02.02, that fixes the problem. Thank-you Verizon.

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the board that best matches the subject of your message. Thanks!

0 Likes