Pixelating
Gweagraff
Enthusiast - Level 2
I have had Fios Quantum TV for about a week and I have noticed occasional pixelation on certain channels. It's not the worst but it seems to be more than I had with Comcast. I did the self installation and used all the new wires and tightened everything. I called them and they said they can't troubleshoot unless it's doing it right now. They can send a tech but it would cost $91. Any suggestions?
0 Likes
Re: Pixelating
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Where are you seeing it?

VMS? IPCs?

As always, the first thing to do is to check cable connections.

If it is all boxes, start at ONT and go from there.

0 Likes
Gweagraff
Enthusiast - Level 2
It's happening on all of them. I did check all the cable connections. Though it occurred to me it may actually be something wrong with the ONT, or the VMS hard drive.
0 Likes
sutomo

It happened to me too. All boxes. Replaced the coax splitter didn't help. Verizon technician came and replaced the tuner in the ONT. It fixed the problems.

Sutomo

0 Likes
Gweagraff
Enthusiast - Level 2
Well I had a tech visit today. He replaced the wires in the basement and all the splitters. I told him it might be the ONT and he admitted he replaced the ONT but it doesn't look to me like he did. Anyhow, it did not fix the problem. He said there's a newer brand of ONT they use but it would be a huge project to replace it and they would have to change the wiring outside. He even gave me his boss's number.

But I have to say that so far I'm really not too happy with Fios Quantum TV. I actually liked the Xfinity X1 platform better. I would love to just go back but then I'd have to pay the termination fee. I heard somewhere that there's like a 30-day money back guarantee or something, but I'm not sure. There's also an issue that a member of our household has a verizon email account and I'm not sure you'd be able to keep the email address.
0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Gweagraff,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes