Premium Channel Shows On Demand not saving to Library
merlin96
Contributor - Level 1

I am located in the Philadelphia area.  Yesterday I started experiencing this problem with my On Demand Premium Channels, i.e., Max, Showtime, HBO, etc., with all Premium On Demand selections, like series and movies. (It doesn't seem  to happen with networks for whatever reason.)  When I play the selection and pause with a time out or stop playing, the show does not appear in my Library like it use to.  I have to scroll back through the Premium channel menu to find the show again and it doesn't show "resume."  It's like I never started watching it.  This happens even if I stop if for a second and then try to start it again.  The selection never apppears in my Library.  I have three STBs and it's happening on all three.

I tried auto-fix and rebooting, but no fix there.  I tried calling last night but couldn't get through.  Called this morning but talked to someone who was so unhelpful I just got aggravated.  Is anyone else having this issue?  I'm trying to determine if this is my issue or a Verizon issue.  Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Premium Channel Shows On Demand not saving to Library
merlin96
Contributor - Level 1
Update: I spoke to a Verizon phone rep again this morning about this issue and was told the following - (1) shows are only supposed go to the Library when you hit "stop," not "pause" (which in my past experience is not true); and (2) she couldn't figure out why I couldn't get the shows into the Library now when I'm hitting "stop". After more investigating, she found out that most if not all Premium Channel shows are no longer going to Library. She didn't know whether it was a new configuration or what but the programs can be found in "Recently Browsed," although not everything I had watched was in there and they all seemed to start back at the beginning, i.e., "Watch Now" rather than "Resume Play."

She was having the same issue on her end and said for now this is the way it will be although I told her I thought this was unacceptable and they needed to change it back because it doesn't allow for resuming programming. She said she would pass along my concerns. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? If so, please contact Verizon if you can and let them know you are unhappy with this change. If not, please post so I can call them back and get someone out to fix this problem.

From what I can tell from experimenting, it looks like it may just be Max and HBO, which Verizon recently reconfigured and added content to.

Thank you.
0 Likes