Problems with MLB Package
Ev0lon

Was able to watch games last night on standard definition but not in HD, I was getting the need to purchase this package message, got no assistance from phone center was told there was no issue with my subscription or equipment... Tried to tune into again this morning and still getting the I need to purchase this package message... Don't know if it matters but...

Channel 86 MLBN & 586 MLBNHD = Unavailable

"           " 1470 - Worked last night for Cardinals Royals Game

"           " 1471 - Blacked Out (understandable)

"           " 1472 - 1476 = Unavailable

"           " 1477 - Worked last night for Rays Yankees Game

"           " 1478 - 1488 = Unavailable

I understand there are not enough games to encompass the entire network of channels for this package, just don't want to have issues with this when the games are available to watch...

0 Likes
Re: Problems with MLB Package
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

When it comes to subscriptions, it's all or nothing. If you are subscribed to it then you will have the channels available. If not, or there's a problem with the subscription then none of the channels will work. Since you did have some channels showing games this tells us that you do have the subscription. Its currently in a free preview of the MLB package from April 5-April 15th.

0 Likes
Ev0lon

Okay, so after the 15th I guess I'll find out if there is any problems with my subscription? Also is the MLB Channel included within the package? Thanks!

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

No that channel is not. Its simply those pay-per-view channels.

0 Likes
ruffnerm

I'm also having problems. EVen though I'm a subscriber, with an HD box, all the HD channels say that it is not supported with my set top box and I need to trade it in. All customer service could do was have me reset it a few times and then say there was nothing they could do.

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

@ruffnerm wrote:

I'm also having problems. EVen though I'm a subscriber, with an HD box, all the HD channels say that it is not supported with my set top box and I need to trade it in. All customer service could do was have me reset it a few times and then say there was nothing they could do.

Note the new need for Motorola 7xxx boxes or Cisco boxes for 3 of these HD channels.  The older 6xxx boxes should be giving you a message about needing to order replacement boxes.

The three new HD channels are in MPEG-4 not MPEG-2 and the 6xxx boxes cannot handle it.

0 Likes
ruffnerm

Thanks tns. That's the message I've been getting. I would think that the supposed customer support experts would have known that rather than continually having me reset the box. He even wanted me to go through my house connecting my box to all the other tvs because he insisted the problem had to be my tv.

0 Likes
carhall

So if you have the HD package and the HD receiver and the MLB package, are all the games not in HD??  Just switched from DirectV this season.  They were all HD

0 Likes
Ev0lon

Have yet to be able to watch a game in HD, not very pleased... Thinking I should have stuck with Comcast

0 Likes