Quantum Equipment Issue
CB20151
Enthusiast - Level 1

How sad that I have to reach out to a forum for a question that Verizon reps can't seem to answer.

I currently have multi-room DVR with 2 TVs in my home.  Just signed up for Quantum.  A rep told me that my existing set top box is compatible with the Quantum equipment, and as such, I will be receiving just one new piece of equipment to support the new service on my 2 TVs.  Another rep told me this is not true, and that 2 new pieces of equipment are required if I want the new Quantum service on both TVs.  Who do I believe???

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Quantum Equipment Issue
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you signed up for 6 Tuner Quantum with 2 TVs, you will get 2 pieces of equipment.

A VMS and IPC.

You have to remove the old STBs from the network before you can install and activate the new Quantum devices.

You either need to watch everything on your DVR before you upgrade or can do what I did.
Disconnect coax from DVR. Connect it to a second input on your TV.

As long as you don't power it off, you can continue to watch what's on it.

Keep in mind that you only have 30 days to return old hardware without getting billed for both sets.

And keep a copy of the tracking number to ensure it was delivered in case Verizon claims it was not shipped back.

View solution in original post

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you signed up for 6 Tuner Quantum with 2 TVs, you will get 2 pieces of equipment.

A VMS and IPC.

You have to remove the old STBs from the network before you can install and activate the new Quantum devices.

You either need to watch everything on your DVR before you upgrade or can do what I did.
Disconnect coax from DVR. Connect it to a second input on your TV.

As long as you don't power it off, you can continue to watch what's on it.

Keep in mind that you only have 30 days to return old hardware without getting billed for both sets.

And keep a copy of the tracking number to ensure it was delivered in case Verizon claims it was not shipped back.

CB20151
Enthusiast - Level 1

Awesome!  Thanks so much!

0 Likes