Quantum TV Service Slow or Non-Responsive
Rick5472
Contributor - Level 2

I have had the Quantum internet/TV service now for several months. I like the internet part but the TV part not so much. I have had my DVR/server replaced and the splitter upgraded but still the same problems. Here they are...The service does not respond immediately to changes on the remotes when changing channels, selecting the guide, or manually entering channel numbers.  When entering channel numbers it sometimes defaults to the "HOA" channel or upper channel number, whatever that is. The DVR FF and REW don not always respond so the watcher has to keep going back and forth.  Another ting I have noticed is when starting to play a DVRd program the show starts but then the system goes back to the recorded programs section and you have to start it again. There must be a fix out there right?

My system info is as follows: 

Release - APR 2.0

Build - 04.28.3

UI version - 04.28.2

Middleware version - 04.28.1

0 Likes
Re: Quantum TV Service Slow or Non-Responsive
BulletRouge
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yep, that's what I got and min eis super frustrating. reboots don't help...

0 Likes
dogbrain
Contributor - Level 1

Also, when selecting a recording to replay, the screen blanks out for 3-5 seconds.

In addition, skip/replay/fast_forward/fast_reverse in a recording are non-deterministic.

This 4.28.3 build has problems.

0 Likes
JKCOOL
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am in the same boat as you are.  This new Quatum is garbage.  I just a few minutes ago I was setting it to record a program and the set top box froze.  Just died.  So so so slow!.  As for the Moca rates the modem runs at the slower speed because it is at a lower version of the protocol.  I have tried everything even had the Verizion Fios tech out to look at the wiring.  The next I may try if I get a chance is to disconnect all my cables and move the modem next to the DVR and only run one cable with a splitter.  See if that improves the performance.  I have been stuck with this nightmare since January of this year.  I really dislike they went to a client server model using HTTP on the box.  So lame.  You can watch it load the screen movie icons when in On-Demand.  Good luck! I really want to dump it, but my wife has so much stuff recorded it would take a month to watch it all.  So she won't let me say goodbye!

Bruce

0 Likes