Refer a friend to FIOS
viking37
Is there any rewards for referring a friend to Verizon FIOS. Someone said you can get $50.00 if you get someone to sign up.
0 Likes
Re: Refer a friend to FIOS
Techman28
Master - Level 1
yes there is you may go here refer a friend
Message Edited by Techman28 on 01-03-2009 07:36 AM
0 Likes
R_E_L
Enthusiast - Level 3

Except it seems to be working at all.

You can open an account, enter your friend info, submit the refer and "The End".

Your friend will never receive any notification, there is no refer code he uses at signup time there is basically nothing. Seems just a way for Verizon to collect information.

When submitting an inquiry, the only thing you get back is the auto "thank you for your inquiry" message and no one ever follow up with you. Try to get this done on the phone and you are out of luck.... Refer a friend belong to another department that no one seems to know how to get to.

very disappointing and looks like a cheap shoot .... Might as well not offer the program then pretend you do to only use info we send out for marketing (what other reason will Verizon collect the data if they don't offer the actual program).

In my case: a friend refer me to the service and I referred another friend. I never got a mail, my friend who I refer to didn't get a mail and the one who referred me, never got it .... Anyone have a success story to tell?

0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1

Why do I have to activate my account?
Activating your account confirms you have entered the correct email address for your Verizon Refer A Friend account. It also allows Verizon to generate your unique code that will be used to credit you with referral reward money.

How do I activate my account?
When you sign up, you are immediately sent an email containing an “activation code” that you must submit at the Verizon Refer A Friend Web site to confirm your identity.

What if I did not receive my activation code?
If you entered your email address incorrectly the email would have been sent to the incorrect address or your computer may have mistakenly marked this automated message as SPAM and it may be located in your SPAM or Junk folders.
Make sure you include verizon@referafriend.verizon.com in your list of acceptable email addresses from which you can receive email communications.

I submitted my referral, now what?
Contact the person you referred to be sure they’ve received the referral email and encourage them to sign up for Verizon FiOS TV or Internet service, Verizon High Speed Internet or Verizon Freedom Valuesm/Verizon Freedom Essentialssm Phone service through the Verizon Refer A Friend Program. Remind friends and family that they must order service within 30 days of your referral so you're sure to get your reward!
Referral confirmation emails will be sent within 24 hours.

What is a referral inquiry?
A referral inquiry allows you to notify Verizon if you believe that your rewards are not being processed correctly, or to submit comments or questions about a referral. Verizon reviews all referral inquiries on a regular basis and provides detailed updates to ensure that you stay informed about their status.

My referral has accepted, now what?
Once your referral has signed up for Verizon FiOS TV or Internet, Verizon High Speed Internet or Verizon Freedom Valuesm/Verizon Freedom Essentialssm Phone service and has activated their account, the status of your referral(s) will be updated upon verification of their account sign up.

They must remain a Verizon customer for 30 days after signing up for you to be eligible to receive your reward.

My referral does not live in a FiOS-enabled area, now what?
Your referral may still be able to sign up for Verizon High Speed Internet or Verizon Freedom Valuesm/ Verizon Freedom Essentialssm Phone service. If your referral does not sign up for any Verizon services within the 30-day period following your referral, you may use the "Refer Again" option to refer this person again.

What is the Refer Again option?
The "Refer Again" option is a way to "extend" the time available for your referral to sign up by resetting the referral date. In essence, it allows your referral to have another 30 days to sign up. It is only available after the initial referral period has expired and may be found by clicking on "My Referrals" and then on your referral’s name. The "Refer Again" button will be displayed on the right side of the page if this option is available for this referral.

When will I receive my reward check?
Once each of your referral(s) has been a Verizon FiOS TV or Internet service, Verizon High Speed Internet or Verizon Freedom Valuesm/Verizon Freedom Essentialssm Phone service customer for 30 days, we’ll verify your account once more to be sure you’re still eligible. Reward checks are sent out within 4-6 weeks after the referral has completed the 30-day activation period. You will receive your reward in the form of a reward check to be used as credit toward your Verizon FiOS TV, Verizon FiOS Internet, Verizon High Speed Internet or Verizon Freedom Valuesm/Freedom Essentialssm Phone bill.

How can I use my reward check?
Once you receive your reward check, endorse it and enclose it with your next Verizon bill. The amount will be credited to your account.

What if I am an Auto-bill pay customer?
Just mail your reward check to the address printed on the reward check to redeem for credit on your Verizon FiOS TV, Verizon FiOS Internet, Verizon High Speed Internet or Verizon Freedom Valuesm/Freedom Essentialssm Phone account.

Why is it important to ensure that my account information is accurate?
Verizon cannot track your referrals and process reward checks unless all account information is accurate. Please review your information on a regular basis to ensure that your information is kept up to date. 
0 Likes
jake5975
Enthusiast - Level 3
I've had a referral that has shown as "pending" for almost two months now . . .
0 Likes
Re: Refer a friend to BIOS
R_E_L
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Techman28 wrote:

I submitted my referral, now what?
Contact the person you referred to be sure they’ve received the referral email and encourage them to sign up for Verizon FiOS TV or Internet service, Verizon High Speed Internet or Verizon Freedom Valuesm/Verizon Freedom Essentialssm Phone service through the Verizon Refer A Friend Program. Remind friends and family that they must order service within 30 days of your referral so you're sure to get your reward!
Referral confirmation emails will be sent within 24 hours.

What is a referral inquiry?
A referral inquiry allows you to notify Verizon if you believe that your rewards are not being processed correctly, or to submit comments or questions about a referral. Verizon reviews all referral inquiries on a regular basis and provides detailed updates to ensure that you stay informed about their status.

With all due respect, the above information is taken from the FAQ doc and if what was stated in the doc happened, we wouldn't have these question.

Problem is that there is no referral email going out within 24 hours, there is simply no activity.

Any attempt to inquire about those MIA referrals is being ignored and gone unanswered.

so we get what I theory suppose to happen, the issue that its not.

btw: I have no idea how Verizon does this magic of linking between my referral and my friend sign up if there is no special code he suppose to get and give out during signup. How does Verizon know that a person that singed up came from a referral ? It seems the system is assuming that once the friend signup, both he an I will call Verizon (assuming we know who) and complain that we didn't get the credit and maybe then magic will happen.

0 Likes